Senior Controls & systems Engineer - advisor-1900033G
Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world’s leading clean, engine and power technology. We’re also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right.
Our Electrification Business delivers reliable durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you’ll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Malta, NY for a Fuel Cell System and Controls Engineer. Cummins USA is where you can work on industry leading engineering projects such as New Product Development, Value Package Introduction and Systems Product Validation.
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
• This product focused, developing leadership position tailors electronic systems for Cummins products.
• Investigates highly difficult or specialized electronic application and systems problems, understands causal mechanisms, recommends appropriate action, owns problem resolution and documents results.
• Creates, manages, improves and applies electronic application and systems development processes and tools. Processes include system specification, modelling and simulation, calibration, Design Verification Plan and Report (DVP&R), and troubleshooting. Tools include Simulink, calibration tools, and PTC intregity.
• Obtains input and negotiates with product and software development teams and delivers control system designs, verified and calibrated software features and builds to product teams.
• Uses systems knowledge and expertise to make decisions in the areas of electronic systems designs, requirements, calibration, and test that impact the quality and performance of calibrated builds and management of cross-BU integration and coordination.
• Responsible for review of less-experienced developers/testers’ work to ensure robust, reusable, and efficient design
• Responsible for coaching and developing the next generation of technical experts.
Provides problem resolution leadership for complex systems with a high degree of ambiguity and often global business impact.
• Leads the development and improvement of work processes and systems across function(s) within a global business unit or managing improvement across business units.
• Coordinates and directs work of technical project teams, up to and including direct management of small to mid-sized teams.
• Operates as the recognized multi-competency specialist or expert in a discipline or product area across a site or global business unit with responsibility for developing local talent (direct or indirect).
• Coaches and mentors other engineers, project managers and cross-functional team members.
• May also include academic or industry collaboration in a competency or discipline area.
System Requirements Engineering - Uses appropriate methods and tools to translate stakeholder needs into verifiable requirements to which designs are developed; establishes acceptance criteria for the system of interest through analysis, allocation and negotiation; tracks the status of requirements throughout the system lifecycle; assesses the impact of changes to system requirements on project scope, schedule, and resources; creates and maintains information linkages to related artifacts.
Systems Thinking - Defines the system of interest by drawing the boundaries, identifying its context within its environment, its interfaces, and that it has a lifecycle to aid in planning the problem statement, scope and deliverables ; analyzes linkages and interactions between elements that comprise the system of interest by using appropriate methods, models and integration of outcomes to understand the system, predict its behavior and devise modifications to it in order to produce the desired effects.
Manages ambiguity - Operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
• Prior Technical Specialist/Specialist Engineering equivalent work experience (6 plus) in a relevant discipline area is required with a demonstrated track record of technical problem solving, quality decision making and providing technical direction and leadership to a project team(s).
• Knowledge of MS Office tools is preferred
• Previous solid oxide fuel cell experience required.
• Experience in developing and testing control software required.
• Chemical engineering background desired.
• Background in designing control systems for process equipment desired.
• Project management experience desired.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
College, university, or equivalent Bachelor's degree in Engineering or other relevant technical disciplines is required.
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
Primary LocationUnited States-New York-Troy-US, NY, Malta, Cummins SOFC
Job TypeExperienced - Exempt / Office
Recruitment Job Type Exempt - Experienced