Come see what’s cookin’ at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world and we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services and we’re growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, and international, and our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
We are a close-knit group of engineers of different stripes - developers, testers, and product owners - who are working together to solve interesting e-commerce and supply chain problems around how people eat. Sometimes, this involves executing experiments to improve the user journey and making it easier for our customers to buy amazing food. Sometimes, this means creating stable software solutions that keep our distribution centers running.
We are looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer who is excited by great code that scales well. As a member of our NYC team, you’ll work with highly-skilled engineers who have been solving problems in this space for quite some time, and have turned HelloFresh into the #1 meal delivery service in the world!
Here at HelloFresh, the learning never stops. We expect you to learn every day, both through your work and beyond. We tend to set ambitious learning OKRs for each employee, and then support you through dedicated self-development time and learning budget.
If you value speed and agility and believe in a data-driven development space, this is the place for you. The ideal candidate for this role will leverage data - test results, logs, defect rates - to ruthlessly prioritize the work that needs to be done and collaborate with both local and international teams to find MVP solutions.
You will ...
- Be able to design-develop-deploy software solutions in the HelloFresh platform that serves millions globally to deliver the best experience for our customers and internal users
- Take ownership of the architecture, design, development, deployment, and operations of the microservices that you develop, using DevOps practices, pair programming, and other cutting edge methodologies
- Be able to spend time learning and developing technical skills in dedicated learning sessions, and show off your technical chops via ambitious OKRs
- An active, solution-oriented member of autonomous, cross-functional agile teams collaborating with Product Owners, Frontend and Backend Engineers, Designers, and Business Intelligence teams
- Able to develop an in-depth understanding of HelloFresh’s core product and architecture, and act as an ambassador for state of the art software solutions and industry best practices offering support and mentorship to colleagues
At a minimum, you have...
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or, equivalent
- 4+ years of working experience in an agile software development team
- Proficient in 1 of the following technologies (2+ years), and working knowledge of 3 of the following technologies (1+ years):
- Frontend: React JS, Angular JS, React Native
- Backend: Golang, Python, NodeJS
- Hands-on experience in continuous delivery in the cloud using Docker, Kubernetes, Lambda functions, Terraform, and/or AWS CLI
- Experience with writing unit/integration/function test cases, as well as with formalized testing methodologies (i.e. TDD, BDD, DDD)
- Exposure to both relational databases (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL) and NoSQL technologies (e.g. MongoDB), with demonstrable ability to write and execute effective queries
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
- $0 monthly premium and other flexible health plans effective first day of employment
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- Snacks, cold brew on tap & monthly catered lunches
- Company-sponsored outings & Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.