The General Accounting Analyst Sr Role is responsible for analyzing and performing complex balance sheet reconciliations. In addition, this role is responsible for providing financial information to management by reviewing monthly general ledger activity, preparing financial accounting reports, preparing journal entries and providing additional necessary analysis of accounting activity. Responsibilities also include SOX testing, survey completion and finance related projects.
- Analyze and perform complex balance sheet reconciliations that involve multi-step processes and/or large amounts of data. Support the accounting area by reviewing or completing various financial transactions and substantiations, including journal entries. Research and reconcile any financial discrepancies with minimal supervison.
- Manage workload in tight-deadline, detail-oriented environment; highly organized. Ability to interface with all levels of the organization
- Complete assigned surveys in a timely manner. Identifying requirements and information needed. Communicating clearly & effectively with all necessary parties.
- Complete any financial related projects that are ongoing or on an ad-hoc basis by coordinating the related tasks and researching any outstanding issues
- Support the Finance department during all audit engagements including external, and internal audits
- Backup to the fixed asset accountant
- Maintain financial security by following internal accounting controls.
- Prepare the Sarbanes Oxley documentation, perform related testing and communicate results through identified channels.
- Support and maintain ethics of the business by protecting customer and financial information, applying company’s core values, and complying with policies, procedures, and applicable regulations
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting required with 5+ years of accounting experience
- Knowledge of GAAP, Sarbanes Oxley
- Ability to manage workload in tight-deadline
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Well developed analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to perform work under minimal supervision
- Strong PC skills including Excel
- SAP, Cognos or other ERP systems experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to interface with all levels of the organization
- Project organization and planning skills required
Deluxe Corporation is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, disability, sex, age, ethnic or national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or presentation, pregnancy, genetics, veteran status or any other status protected by state or federal law.
Please view the electronic EEO is the Law Poster which serves to inform you of your equal employment opportunity protections as part of the application process.
Remote Work Location: No
Employment Type: Associate
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Shift Type: Traditional