Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We offer competitive salaries along with a complete benefits package including: medical, vision, & dental coverage, 401K Matching, Educational Reimbursement, and a variety of Training and Development Programs to help you develop the skills you need to succeed in your chosen career path.
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join our team in Albuquerque, NM. The successful candidate will be involved in a variety of geotechnical engineering projects for federal agencies, NMDOT, cities and municipalities throughout New Mexico, as well as private development. Primary geotechnical experience will include, but not limited to: subsurface explorations, foundation engineering, pavement design, site characterization, slope stability, natural hazards assessment, and geotechnical construction observation and testing.
- Evaluate specific geotechnical issues such as settlement, capacity of shallow and deep foundations, and specifying general earthwork related construction practices
- Development of scope of subsurface exploration and laboratory testing programs
- Geotechnical analysis and design
- Perform drilling inspection duties for projects
- Prepare and review geotechnical engineering reports for roadways, utilities, buildings, bridges, culverts, retaining walls, and associated calculations such as slope stability, bearing capacity, settlement, pile analysis, etc.
- Actively involved in marketing and business development for the New Mexico Market. Participate in local professional organizations
- Be available for occasional overnight travel as necessary for attending client meetings, conferences, and project inspections
Skills / Qualifications
- BS degree in Civil or Geological Engineering or related engineering degree; MS degree a plus
- 8 years + professional experience
- PE is required, ability to acquire PE in NM within 90 days if from out of state
- Familiarity with standard geotechnical software programs including but not limited to Lpile, GSTABL, Slide, SlopeW, Driven, Settle3D, GROUP, SHAFT, Gint, AllPile, and GRLWEAP, or related software programs preferred
- Strong technical writing and communication skills
- Project Management experience is required
- Federal project work is required and must be US Citizen
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
If you believe you have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.
By submitting your resume, you consent to Wood plc sharing this information within its divisions in order to identify other employment opportunities for which you may be suitable.