Our Fort Worth office is searching for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer with strong leadership skills to grow the firm’s geotechnical practice in Texas. The position includes providing both consulting and design services on the geotechnical aspects of the firm’s wide variety of heavy-civil infrastructure projects.
• The engineer will be responsible for managing and leading projects that include: field studies, foundation design and settlement, seepage and slope stability analysis, external stability analysis, preparation of geotechnical reports, preparation of construction plans and specifications for geo-structural aspects of projects, and support of other designers in the development of plans and specifications for other disciplines
• Perform the analysis and design of geo-infrastructure, such as embankments, mass retaining walls, stabilized slopes, etc. Assist with the layout and detailing tasks that are conducted by others, and provide general supervision, review, and approval of work products. Responsible for final design, sealing and on-call field representation of work.
• Direct and supervise complex studies and investigations. Investigate new areas of technology or new applications of existing techniques. Define tasks that are conducted by others, and provide general supervision, review, and approval. Responsible for collecting, correlating, and preparing recommendations and conclusions for final reports.
• A minimum of 12 years of geotechnical engineering experience, including specific experience in making independent decisions on engineering problems and methods.
• Education (Minimum) - B.S. degree in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering or Geological Engineering from an ABET accredited engineering program required; M.S. in Geotechnical Engineering preferred.
• Must Certification - Professional Engineer Registration with the Texas Board of Professional Engineers required (if licensed in another state, candidate shall be capable of receiving licensure in Texas in less than six months).
• Must be familiar with advanced engineering techniques and the modification and extension of engineering theories, precepts, and practices, with an understanding of shear strength analysis and soil-structure interaction.
• Previous experience with dams, levees, water conveyance structures, soil nails, ground anchors, and retaining walls is a plus.
• Should have familiarity with geotechnical analysis software (such as GeoStudio, RocScience, PLAXIS, MSEW, LPILE, gINT, etc.).
***Please send your resume to recruitment at MHopkins@Libertyjobs.com along with professional references if/when available***