Come work for OHM Advisors, the community advancement firm.
With the singular mission of Advancing Communities, our diverse, 500+ member team works collaboratively across multiple service areas, including architecture, engineering, planning, surveying, and construction engineering, to create better places for people.
We are a team of experts with individual specialties working together, driven to make a difference through people-focused problem solving, design, and ideas. In everything we do, we put people first. We create places for communities of people that help solve a problem and drive them forward—advancing the whole community today and well into the future.
What You’ll Contribute to OHM Advisors
As a highly talented Senior GIS Analyst, you will be faced with challenging GIS projects in the fields of Engineering, Planning, Architecture, and Water Resources. The individual must be able to demonstrate established knowledge in asset management, CMMS Software, GIS analysis, cartography, and / or geospatial data management.
- As our OHM GIS Asset Management expert, you will be responsible for maintaining and updating various GIS databases for asset management purposes.
- Become an expert at and keep current with asset management concepts, principles, and practices.
- Assist in modifying or developing client Computer Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS).
- Lead training sessions and presentations to large groups of people.
- Communicate and build relationships with new and existing clients.
- Act as Project Manager on any GIS Asset Management projects that you will be working on.
- Develop proposals for new and existing clients.
- Potentially georeference & digitize construction plans.
- Potentially assist with field data collection using state-of-the-art GPS technology.
- Develop ArcGIS Enterprise & Online maps.
- Attend project & professional development meetings.
As a trusted member of OHM Advisors’ GIS Group, you will join a growing, mission-driven team of innovative thinkers who collaborate daily, using our combined gifts and talents to continually advance the communities we serve.
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor's degree in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or related field. A focus on GIS is preferred.
- 5-7 years of experience in a GIS & Asset Management role is required.
- 2-3 years of past Computer Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) administrative experience is required (ex. Lucity, Novotx, Cityworks, Cartegraph).
- Understand civil engineering concepts & municipal utility systems.
- Must be comfortable with public speaking and being able to lead training sessions & present to large groups of people.
- Familiarity with ESRI ArcGIS Software (Desktop, Pro, Online) is required.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD is desired, but not required.
- Knowledge of SQL or Python is highly desired, but not required.
- Experience with GPS field data collection is desired, but not required.
- Experience in generating map products and an understanding of cartographic principles.
- Excellent communication and organization skills with a positive attitude and eagerness to learn.
- Team-oriented mindset with strong listening and collaboration skills.
- Ability to travel for fieldwork and project meetings is required. Projected to not exceed 20-40% of work week.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Desire to learn new technologies & methodologies in the GIS field.
Growth at OHM Advisors
Advancement isn’t just for our clients. We’re committed to moving our team forward, too. At OHM Advisors, you’ll enjoy challenging, meaningful work at a growing company creating innovative solutions for forward-thinking clients. But there’s not just cool work on big projects. You’ll be empowered to create your own career path in a culture that supports your individual professional development goals and encourages your pursuits through continued opportunities for growth. Read about some of our opportunities for career growth and enrichment on our website.
OHM Advisors is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- 2 - 3 years: Computer Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) administrative experience (ex. Lucity, Novotx, Cityworks, Cartegraph)
- 5 - 7 years: GIS & Asset Management
- Bachelors or better in Geographic Techniques or related field
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)See job description