Senior Global Key Account Director, MedTech
We have an opening for a talented Business Development and Account Management individual to join our MedTech team in the role of Senior Global Key Account Director, MedTech.
We are in an exciting phase of further developing the MedTech business. We do this through our deep understanding of the industry and developing intimate knowledge of our clients.
A successful Senior Global Key Account Director within IQVIA will lead new and thought-provoking discussions to challenge status quo and ultimately provide innovative solutions that address our clients’ key business challenges.
They must have a good appreciation of the IQVIA offerings and strong internal network to pull end to end solutions together. Increasingly these engagements should be larger, more complex and longer term to underpin the relationship and value we bring to our clients.
The IQVIA capabilities include, but are not limited to: Business Intelligence Data, Analytic Platforms/Outsourcing, Technology & Applications (e.g. dashboards, social media, integrated cloud CRM/MCM/CLM), Global Services, Real World Insights and Solutions, Consulting Services and Integrated Engagement Services.
- Lead Business Development and Account Management within designated clients, delivering revenue targets in line with the MedTech strategy
- Engage and build strong relationships with senior executives and strategic leaders in the client organization
- Co-ordinate sales, business & service lines at a regional and country level to ensure:
- A shared vision and client engagement strategy across the region
- Effective execution against client needs and IQVIA revenue targets
- Gain intimate knowledge of the client and challenge with innovative ideas in order to develop and close opportunities, to provide end-to-end solutions, to grow the size/duration/value of sales over time.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the healthcare industry to maximize value we can offer to clients by providing industry-wide insights
- Develop a good understanding of the breadth of IQVIA capabilities to maximize ability to grow accounts
- Ensure clients are getting maximum value from existing services to which they subscribe, by liaising with the client to agree and define requirements any by conducting regular business and service reviews with clients and internal teams
- Work with clients and internal IQVIA teams to lead and drive client satisfaction with IQVIA services to underpin propensity for repeat, up-sell opportunities, positive referrals etc
- Collaborate with IQVIA colleagues across the organization to ensure they are engaged and aligned to the account strategy and support new business opportunities within clients. Work closely with colleagues to pull together successful, complex solutions for clients.
- Coach junior members of the Business Development and Account Management team
- Methodical completion of underpinning sale activities (e.g. account planning, financial reporting, opportunity management etc)
Skills, Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelors/Master’s Degree with solid experience in the Medical Devise & Diagnostic or consulting industry
- Previous experience of account management of clients $10m+
- Proven track record of solution selling across a diverse portfolio of capabilities
- Strong sales and opportunity management skills across the full sales cycle (from lead identification to contract negotiations and closing)
- Ability to engage board level contacts, as well as develop a network of senior and middle management contacts to build long lasting trusted partnerships
- Proven track record of managing a balanced pipeline of both short term tactical opportunities and long term strategic engagements. Sales value of $250k+ single and multi-year
- Able to create strategic and tactical customer plans
- Strong understanding of financial reporting/forecasting and sales opportunity management
- Knowledge of the healthcare sector or evidence of successfully moving into a new market sector.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft office, to deliver professional client communications including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with proven ability to interpret and present complex concepts
- Proactive, self-motivated and accountable with the aim to always drive positive client satisfaction
- Strategic thinker with a solution focus, combined with ability to execute tactically
- Ability to develop strong internal relationships and to work collaboratively to pull together client engagements and delivery of projects
- Fluency / Mother tongue in English a must; German a plus for Europe based role
Job ID: R1052266