McKesson Corp is a Fortune 7 company and is one of the largest providers of medicines, pharmaceutical supplies and health information technology (IT) products and services in the United States with revenues of $208.4 billion in 2018. The company was founded in 1833 by John McKesson and Charles Olcott in New York with a focus on importing and wholesaling pharmaceutical products. United by our ICARE values, McKesson's 78,000 employees work together every day to make better care possible for patients around the globe.
McKesson Brand and Marketing Communications is seeking an innovative, strategic and multi-discipline Senior Graphic Designer for a full-time position. The ideal candidate has strong communication skills, the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and meticulous attention to detail.
Role: Senior Graphic Designer
Role Type: Exempt, Salaried with a full benefits package
Role Location: Irving, Texas (McKesson HQ)
Schedule: 40 hours/Week; Flexible
Reports Directly To: Director, Brand Design
The ideal person is experienced with many forms of design, including print, digital, environment, PPT and brand identity systems design. Most importantly you have strong conceptual skills, a clean design aesthetic and can translate our business needs into compelling creative assets. You are a brand champion who stewards our brand ensuring consistency of the visual language across multiple deliverables.
You’ll contribute both strategically and in the actual execution of our work. You must be able to make confident design decisions and be comfortable presenting work to others.
- Concept and design for a variety of projects including branding, graphics, communications, digital, interactive, and environmental design for print or digital delivery.
- Collaborate closely with team and creative director to expand, update and fine-tune the McKesson brand standards and guidelines.
- Design and update visual assets including print and digital templates, icons and patterns.
- Translate marketing and branding strategies into full 360 campaigns that resonate with our internal/external audience for key events, business initiatives, product launches, communications, and more.
- Create complex infographics— understanding data visualization, creative interpretation and production.
- Work with photographers to produce and select images to add into the brand image library including color-corrections, key wording and uploading into the digital asset management system.
7+ years graphics design experience.
Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design or equivalent required.
- Specific experience in branding and visual identity
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud with an emphasis in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and other relevant digital software
- A strong grasp of information design, business concepts and data, and the ability to bring them to life with images, charts, and infographics
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office with strong emphasis on PowerPoint and Word
- Advertising/Marketing knowledge and a strong desire to stay on top of industry trends
- Ability to provide relevant constructive feedback during design sessions/brainstorms
- Strong communicator, creative self-starter, collaborator, results and detailed oriented
Additional Skills (these are highly desired but not deal-breakers)
- Still photography experience a plus
- Basic working understanding of HTML5, CSS and other relevant web languages
- Experience with Ceros Experiential Content platform
- Understanding of Workfront or other project management software a plus
Working Conditions: Environment (Office, warehouse, etc.)
- Traditional office environment
- Preferred location Irving, Texas
Physical Requirements (Lifting, standing, etc.) –
- General Office Demands
INTERNAL USE ONLY:
CAREER LEVEL: P3McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.Current employees must apply through internal career site.Join us at McKesson!