FIND THE RIGHT FIT FOR YOU AT AVENUE
Avenue, a fashion retailer specializing in plus size women’s apparel is seeking a Senior Graphic Designer/Graphic Designer to join our corporate team headquartered in Rochelle Park, NJ. The talented person is able to effectively design with an understanding of current trends in retail fashion advertising and photography for both digital and print. Individual possesses a keen attention to detail (especially with typography, manipulation of photographic images, composition, layout and etc.) in order to execute digital and print designs for our Avenue and Loralette brands.
If you’re passionate about fashion, Avenue is the right fit for you!
Principal Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for designing for all aspects of the business including web design (home pages, landing pages and banners), emails, texts, social media, direct mail, store signage, catalog production, on-product design, print advertisements, photo-shoot guides, presentations and other collateral under the direction of the Senior Art Director and Creative Director.
- Able to take direction and concepts from the Sr. Art Director and Creative Director and apply it to own designs, but should also be comfortable conceptualizing own ideas.
- Maintain a strong understanding of the fashion industry and keep updated on current trends in the retail world by regularly researching other brands.
- Open and receptive to design critique while being able to represent own work and design.
- Able to multi-task and balance multiple projects at one time. Successful at managing time and workflow in order to meet strict deadlines.
- Able to problem solve and find multiple design solutions, especially under narrow parameters of time restraints.
- Work closely with other Graphic Designers, providing support and/or taking direction when needed, to ensure all work meets brand standards.
- Work closely with the Production Manager to coordinate and oversee workflow with other Graphic Designers.
- Able to step in and provide support and feedback to other graphic designers in absence of Senior Art Director and Creative Director.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Graphic Design and/or appropriate relevant experience.
- Two to five years recent experience working within a design firm or creative team environment; fashion retail experience strongly preferred.
- Expertise in the latest version of Adobe Creative Suite, particularly InDesign and Photoshop
- Strong, conceptual thinker who possesses a wide range of digital and print design capabilities
- Solid background in web & email graphics, retail advertising, typography, print production and branding.
- Understanding of best practices and techniques for e-commerce and ability to prepare graphics for multiple platforms (responsive desktop & mobile views).
- Solid understanding of print production.
- Strong organizational skills in order to juggle multiple projects at the same time.
- Possess solid presentation, listening and communication skills.
- Able to work quickly, efficiently and accurately.
- Self-driven, proactive and a team player
- Eager to learn and gain new experience and skills.
If our opportunity is the right fit for you, please forward your resume along with your online portfolio for immediate consideration.
Avenue Stores, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.