Senior Graphic Designer
Hanley Wood, www.hanleywood.com, is currently seeking a Senior-level Graphic Designer for our Residential and Commercial Construction Groups publishing titles like ARCHITECT, Builder, and Remodeling magazines. The Senior Designer will be responsible for contributing editorial designs with powerful photos, illustrations, and infographics. This individual’s strengths will lie in creative storytelling, commissioning and directing photo shoots and illustrations, conceptualizing layouts and type treatments, color correction, preproduction, and collaborating with interactive designers and developers. Strong collaboration and communication skills are imperative in ensuring that the workflow between art and edit meet daily and weekly deadlines. The Senior Designer must maintain all style sheets and templates within Woodwing and work as a partner with Art Director, Chief Design Director, editors and staff writers to create a look for the brands that connects the audience with content across platforms.
Major Responsibilities and Related Duties Include:
- Collaborate with editors, designers, developers, and video teams to create original editorial content
- Assigning photo shoots and illustrations
- Ensuring adherence to budgets and deadlines
- Select artwork and photos for online and magazines (commission illustration and photography, color correction, find stock art, create custom illustration using royalty-free art, etc.)
- Oversee work by junior designers when Art Director or Chief Design Director are unavailable
- Manage creation of charts and infographics for stories run online and in the magazines
- Work with editors to obtain art from developers, owners, architects, and other sources for their specific articles
- Manage art/illustration contracts and materials return
- Manage art/photo expenditures, staying within budget
- Manage invoicing, submitting bills within appropriate budgeting cycle
- Adhere to a strict production schedule that allows for multiple projects at the same time
Qualified Candidates should possess the following Education, Experience, and Skills:
- 3-5 years media design or comparable experience – preferably in both print and digital formats
- Ability to present own creative concepts and create original art elements (using photography, illustration, typography, infographics)
- Ability to shape a project from conception to completion
- Ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment
- Working knowledge of Adobe Suite, InDesign, other print and digital design tools.
- Woodwing or K4 experience a plus
- Outgoing, enthusiastic, self-starter
- Excellent communication, organization, and computer skills
- Strong typographic skills
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work with little to no supervision
About Hanley Wood
Hanley Wood is the leading business-to-business media company serving the housing and construction industry, and one of the top 10 B2B media companies in the country.
We enjoy a corporate culture that simultaneously encourages high levels of creativity and productivity. Those who thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and are motivated by personal and team success will find a challenging and rewarding career here at Hanley Wood.
You owe it to yourself to work for a dynamic company. Employee satisfaction is important to us, so we provide competitive compensation and a generous benefits package all while working within a dynamic workplace setting.
If you meet the required skills and qualifications and want to learn more, apply online at www.hanleywood.com/careers.
Follow Hanley Wood on Social Media:
- Twitter: @hanleywoodHR
- Instagram: @hanleywoodcareers
Hanley Wood is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. m/f/d/v