Millennium Space Systems, A Boeing Company delivers affordable, high-performance space systems for exacting customers. At Millennium, you will be part of a close-knit team working on exciting technological problems. We work in an open environment where ideas are shared across all disciplines, and there are ample opportunities for advancement based on demonstrated excellence. Join our close-knit engineering team in developing advanced space missions as a Spacecraft Guidance, Navigation, and Controls Engineer. Superstars are welcome.
The Guidance, Navigation, and Control (GN&C) Engineer is the Responsible Engineering Authority (REA) for all closed loop control system design elements, and electro-mechanical system control capabilities. The Spacecraft GN&C Engineer works under the direction of the Flight Controls Group Lead to support the various projects at Millennium. You will develop and manage requirements, design control algorithms, design autonomous control systems, define associated telemetry & command structures, develop math models & simulations, support flight software development, and support system testing, as well as develop relevant spacecraft operating procedures. As a Spacecraft GNC Engineer you will be involved with developing subsystem requirements and design through system integration, and into flight operations.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform GN&C system design, analysis, and subsystem component selection & evaluation, to ensure optimal closed-loop performance.
- Develop spacecraft element models to predict dynamic responses to determine pointing knowledge and control capabilities.
- Perform and manage GN&C and ACS systems design and analysis using control theory and analysis techniques applied to launch vehicle and space systems.
- Perform all spacecraft GN&C system mechanical & electrical configuration, design, analysis and test.
- Perform GN&C qualification testing on spacecraft systems and components including test design, test procedures, data reduction, analysis, and reporting.
- Develop and document the design and analysis processes necessary verify the design meets its requirements.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must have an active TS/SCI Clearance
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Aerospace engineering. MS or Higher Preferred.
- Minimum 10 years experience with spacecraft GNC/ACS System/Subsystem design
- Ability to perform complex system analyses of trajectories, kinematics, dynamics, and control systems using existing and/or self-developed tools.
- Ability to perform launch trajectory, spacecraft orbital, rigid body, and flexible body kinematic and dynamic analyses.
- Ability to apply both classical and modern control theory, system trade studies, architecture development, and systems integration & analysis and apply appropriate tools for electro-mechanical, launch vehicle, and/or spacecraft systems development, test, and operations.
- Ability to work as part of a team
Benefits and Perks
Millennium Space Systems, A Boeing Company offers a very competitive benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, and 401k plan. Relocation assistance to Southern California can be provided.
Before applying, please note:
Millennium is DDTC-registered, ITAR-compliant Company. This position is located at a facility that requires special access. Applicants MUST be U.S. citizens and eligible for a security clearance. Additionally, applicants must be willing to apply for and maintain a security clearance. We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage veterans, disabled veterans and disabled individuals to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified.