You will own and lead the architecture, design and implementation of calibration of the entire test line for next-generation Tablets, Audio Devices, Keyboards, Pencils, TV/Video devices, Wearable Chargers and various accessories/gear (hardware focused). You will lead our organization to develop instruments and algorithms, fixtures, infrastructure and diagnostic software to implement calibration and testing processes at the factory for all products
You must know how the factory or manufacturing works, ability to set up test labs, validation labs, data mining and data validation. Starting from pre-concept until mass production.
- You will own the whole test coverage, from flex, SME board level, sub assembly in line, all the way down to system level
- You will work closely with the development teams, early in the product development lifecycle, to define tests for functionalities and performance.
- You will be the key liaison between our organization and our Contract Manufacturers.
- You will interact within our internal groups to ensure that tests are being performed adequately and on time.
- You are responsible for communicating to execs, upper management and technical staff on the progress of our product and your test line.
- You will own test stations, design instrumentations metrology equipment, make scalable, lab equivalence, safe, operator friendly and cost effective
- This includes documentation of tests and developing/executing project plans, specifying test stations and diagnostics for testing product features, specifying/implementing test process control and test data collection.
Must Have Skillset:
- Know how to set up multiple Test stations on the manufacturing floor (some manufacturing and some of them test)
- Excellent understanding with Hardware/ Software architecture and interoperability of a complex systems.
- You know how to collect, analyze and present data to senior management.
- Experience planning, scheduling, resource management, budget, working closely with product lead
- Able to see gaps in a big scale, able to see big picture, fill the gaps by designing test stations, know how to test everything.
- Experience working with many personalities and VP level.
- Update station overlays as new software bundle becomes available.
- Create Radar components to track test plan and test images.
- Validate latest image, software bundle and test commands work as expected before releasing the updated overlay to the factory.
- Screen station failures; debug station software/hardware related failures so that no false fails are caused by station problems.
- Verify overlay validation results.
- Train fixture vendor and CM on station FA steps.
- Review/approve fixture vendor hardware/software design.
- Fully understand internal process to make the best judgement for
- Resource allocation
- Test line readiness
- Highlight critical paths
- Material/Fixture/EQ Validation plan for each build.
- Lead/host the dry run, regression, build status meetings
- Driving the internal cross functional team cooperation
Location: Cupertino, CA
Type: Contract (12+ months) / possible conversion to fulltime
Travel: possible travel to China