Senior Healthcare Program Specialist � Item 1080- DHPCO
Working with the Bureau of Managed Care Certification and Surveillance, this position will be responsible for supporting activities within the bureau�s Certification unit. Typical responsibilities will include:
- Serve as the main point of contact for assigned Managed Care Organizations (MCO) certified under Article 44 of NYS Public Health Law.
- Provide review of various MCO initiated transactions such as new applications, expansions, mergers, and disruptions.
- Coordinate reviews requiring collaboration with various bureaus/divisions within, and outside of DOH.
- Provide review and approval of management agreements and of VBP provider contracts.
- Provide support in the development of, and/or updating bureau policies and procedures.
- Provide support with the implementation of MRT initiatives and benefit inclusion activities involving Medicaid managed care.
- Provide support with the development of reports, work plans, status updates for current or proposed bureau initiatives.
- Provide support with bureau initiatives to improve efficiency of operations and streamline processes.
- Work with internal and external personnel in the achievement of bureau, division, and Department goals and objectives.
- Experience with the use of standard office technology, Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Excel
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to prioritize work assignments
- The ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Strong analytical and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- The ability to think creatively and strategically, to develop and implement solutions
- Experience with, or knowledge of, Medicaid or other health insurance programs
Position and Minimum Qualifications:
Senior Healthcare Program Specialist
- Bachelor�s Degree
- 5 years� experience