Duininck Companies, a family-run company, diversified in industries ranging from construction to manufacturing, from real estate development to distribution, is looking for a motivated self-starter to join our team as a full-time Senior Help Desk Support Specialist. This position will function in the support department analyzing and troubleshooting complex issues within the business systems across all Duininck companies. Through individual contribution as well as working with a team, the Senior Help Desk Support Specialist will identify problems, provide solutions and potential work arounds. The successful candidate will work well with a variety of end user skill levels, documenting and improving existing or new technical procedures and knowledge management. The role functions within Central Management of Duininck Companies. Must be able to effectively work with a variety of people, personalities, skill and organizational levels. Candidate should have a Bachelor s degree in a related field and a minimum of 5 years applicable experience.
From the guiding vision and values, Duininck Companies provides a solid foundation giving each of its independently operated family businesses the agility of a small company and the stability and resources of a major corporation. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Minorities, Veterans, and Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Please submit applications online at www.duininckcompanies.com
- Actively take on challenges with unwavering commitment to the company vision.
- Work hard but have fun, value relationships and foster interests outside of work.
- Healthy accountability; be open, transparent, honest and direct even when it is uncomfortable.
- Embrace and promote change to solve issues as servant leaders committed to making improvements necessary to realize the company vision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide end-user support, across all Duininck entities.
- Identify problems with system operations and provide potential workarounds.
- Perform root-cause analysis, identify areas of opportunity, propose ideas and develop and implement remediation plans to close gaps.
- Document, review and improve existing or new technical procedures and knowledge management.
- Professionally manage highly sensitive company information in a strictly confidential manner.
- Train users to effectively use technology and systems, such as desktop computers, iPads, Microsoft Office applications and ERP systems
- Ability to use provided resources to maintain computers at optimal operating levels.
- Design, create, and distribute training materials as required.
- Provide users with friendly and courteous helpdesk phone support.
- Preserve and grow knowledge of help desk procedures, products, and services.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in learning and mastering new business applications.
- Contribute to team effort by being a valuable member to the team.
- Ability to manage change control process for application upgrades or process-change projects.
- Ability to grasp the technical function of an application and communicate it in non-technical terms at the user level.
- Comprehensive knowledge of MS Office applications.
- The ability to effectively work with a variety of people, personalities, skills, and organizational levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Establish a high level of personal credibility and build strong professional working relationship with the end-user.
- Excellent telephone skills and ability to deal with all situations with exceptional customer service.
- Must be a self-starter, capable of working with limited supervision and direction.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science or related degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience supporting business applications strongly preferred.
- Work experience in a manufacturing or construction business is a plus.
- Comprehensive knowledge of MS Office applications strongly preferred.
- Experience managing application level security for diverse levels of users preferred.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Ability to work with computer equipment, office equipment and look at a computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Regularly required to stand, sit and move about the facility.
- Ability to lift objects up to 40 pounds.
- Travel as required.
- Driver s License required.
- Medical, Dental, Life, and Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability Available
- Flex Benefit Plan
- Health Saving Account
- 401(k) Retirement Plan (with up to 4% company match)
- Paid time off