The Sr Compliance Specialist is accountable for the day to day execution of the HR compliance program and selected HR operations processes, as well as serves as the department liaison for affirmative action and OFCCP compliance.
- Collaborates closely with HR, legal, business leaders and other key stakeholders to ensure compliance with applicable HR compliance requirements and best practices. Manages, develops, and implements action plans, trainings, programs and policies to meet business and compliance objectives.
- Drafts, processes, tracks, and monitors status of employee agreements and other agreements and documentation as appropriate. Drafts, tracks, and sends obligation letters to former employees and special payments.
- Conducts and reports on intra-HR department compliance assessments and audits.
- Participates in HR policy development and technology and rollout for HR policies and procedures, employee handbook, and manager resource center.
- Reviews, prepares, and tracks responses to employee file and records requests. Files and scans employee documentation as necessary.
- Coordinates policy rollout and manages assignment, tracking, and completion reporting.
- Operates HR Compliance inbox and required workplace posting process and partnering with external provider.
- Serves as a resource for the HR department on policy matters and HR operations issues, and provides guidance on compliance with established HR processes and procedures. such as background check adjudication, leaves, and ADA (accommodation).
- Tracks data and prepares reports, including versioning documents and tracking effective dates; maintaining decision logs and creating scorecards.
OFCCP & Affirmative Action:
- Administers the preparation of the Company’s Affirmative Action plans, including the AAP vendor relationship. Monitors affirmative action plans and initiatives. Serves as the department liaison for the company’s Affirmative Action policies and programs.
- Manages, prepares, and implements an awareness and operational action plan to work with all US locations and business units to ensure affirmative action and diversity and inclusion objectives, policies, programs, and plans are implemented.
- Ensures required government reports and filings, including EEO-1 and VETS 4212, and state-specific regulatory filings are completed and submitted as required.
- Manages, prepares and implements policies, processes and tools to comply with OFCCP requirements and best practices to ensure compliance across all US locations and business units.
- Partners with legal team and, serves as primary HR contact during OFCCP audits by ensuring timely responses, accurate documentation and tracking. Works with examiners to achieve successful resolutions.
- 5+ years of human resources, compliance, or similar experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required with an emphasis in HR or related field preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience implementing current employment laws and regulations in the workplace.
- Working knowledge of human resources best practices, policies, and procedures and policies related to selection and hiring; compensation and benefits; employee relations; union organizing; wage and hour; documentation and personnel recordkeeping.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Consulting skills, including the ability to lead through influence and collaboration
- Critical thinking skills; demonstrated problem-solving and independent decision-making.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a variety of audiences.
- Interpret and summarize data in a clear, concise, and accurate manner.
- Multi-task in a fast paced environment. Ability to juggle priorities and work under multiple deadlines.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with limited guidance.
- Continually adapt to new and changing circumstances; strategize and make changes to ensure use of the most efficient and effective practices.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Patterson Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, disability or protected veteran status.