Position Title: Senior HR Consultant
Requisition Number: req626
Compensation: 62,407.00 - 74,889.00
Job Grade: E6
Department: Human Resources
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Compensation Type: Exempt (Salaried)
Campus Location: Main Campus
This is a benefits eligible position. CNM offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes health, dental, vision, long-term disability, and life insurance as well as pension and retirement plans. CNM also offers generous educational benefits to employees, their spouse/domestic partner, and dependent children.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Under general direction of the Director of Talent Management, the Senior HR Consultant will serve as strategic business partner to the College Community with the ability to collaborate and effectively coach CNM leaders. The focus will be on compensation and HR compliance with internal and external policies, procedures, and laws. Provide support to the Director in planning the execution of work necessary to deliver strategic planning to the College Community.
Duties and Responsibilities
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
* Coordinate with the Director on the planning the execution of work necessary to deliver strategic planning to the College Community.
* Perform regular internal audits of Talent Management processes, work product to assess and recommend process improvements, and ensure compliance with internal and external requirements.
* Coordinate with the Director to assist with the engagement of communication plans, including simple issue escalations and problem solving.
* Collaborates with upper level leaders to identify human capital needs and opportunities and develop programs, tools and techniques for managers.
* Provides Human Resources consultation to managers/supervisors in the areas of organizational design, employee relations, talent identification and development, selection, retention and performance management.
* Understand data and utilization of analytics to ensure data integrity and to create the story to influence and engage stakeholders.
* Assisting in the preparing and delivering of succinct, clear, insightful and influential executive-level presentations.
* Assists managers in the development of initiatives to address organizational design and structure and staffing requirements in support of department and business unit business plans.
* Partners with management in the investigation and resolution of employee issues, guidance on performance management and corrective action.
* Evaluates new and existing positions by analyzing position duties and responsibilities to determine appropriate FLS classification and salary levels; conducts desk audits as necessary.
* Develops job descriptions that accurate describe job content and are complaint with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures; works closely with supervisors to determine bona fide occupational qualifications.
* Determines internally consistent and external competitive pay levels for specified positions by performing market research and market pay comparisons; recommends appropriate position grade.
* Researches and analyzes competitive compensation practices in the job market; contributes to established compensation surveys and/or develops and implements custom surveys as appropriate in order to determine competitive pay levels.
* Assist with maintenance and updating the salary structures.
* Partner with HR Information Technology Analyst on systems revitalization, process improvement, and internal audit initiatives to ensure data integrity with HR strategic reports, analyses, and metrics.
* Provides routine, day to day advice and support to human Resources staff and College employees regarding the implementation and interpretation of compensation policies, guidelines and procedures.
* Performs related duties as assigned.
* Bachelors Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Public Administration, or related field.
* Eight (8) years of progressive professional Human Resources experience required.
* Previous experience in Compensation.
* Previous experience utilizing more than one HRIS and implementation of an an HRIS system for talent management.
* Demonstrated experience in overseeing HR compliance programs.
* Experience performing regular HR audits, identifying vulnerabilities, and implementing process improvements to proactively address vulnerabilities.
* Experience working for a complex organization with multiple unions.
* Experience in the public sector.