Under the direction of the Director of Talent Management, the Senior HR Recruiter is responsible for developing, directing, and performing full life cycle recruiting including candidate sourcing, screening, ATS processing, interviews, offer negotiation, and onboarding tasks for various positions throughout Unity Health Care. The Senior Recruiter will primarily be responsible for Provider recruitment. The incumbent utilizes various recruitment tools as well as traditional networking and cold calling techniques to source high caliber candidates for our not-for-profit healthcare system. The Senior HR Recruiter is instrumental in ensuring recruitment metrics are met and job vacancies are filled. The Senior HR Recruiter maintains a healthy relationship with internal customers and external recruitment vendors. The incumbent is responsible for assisting with the development of the recruitment team in Human Resources.
MAJOR DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Essential and other important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
· Recruits, attracts, assists, and screens candidates for front-line, mid-level, and professional positions in line with Unity Mission, Vision and Values. Promotes Unity Health Care as an Equal Opportunity Employer.
· Aggressively recruits well-qualified applicants from a variety of sources, including cold calling, sourcing on applicant tracking system, sourcing on LinkedIn, Social Media, and various job boards, and networking.
· Drives and manages the recruiting process for both hiring managers and applicants to reduce time-to-fill and increase quality of hire.
· At times, conducts in-depth telephone assessment of applicants through comprehensive interviewing and work history review.
· Presents positive impression of the company by staying informed of Unity's services, history and benefits.
· Manages direct relationships with hiring managers.
· Conducts effective needs analysis assessment for new requisitions.
· Builds and implements project timeline (recruiting plan) for filling all vacancies at Unity Health Care.
· Maintains the hiring and vacancy metrics for Unity Health Care and/or others. Monitors time-to-fill including creating weekly reports, trending both the hiring and vacancy rate and reduce the time-to-fill rate.
· Creates weekly, monthly, and quarterly dashboards reports that provide statistical data, (i.e., time-to-fill, EEO, applicant data, historical, requisitions, ranking data, MVA, compliance or QI requirements).
· Maintains and manages the recruitment process. Acts as point person for recruitment matters. This includes job posting, maintaining Job Line, Job Board, Position Control Report (PCR), vacancy reports, communication of position filled, maintaining and verifying authorize signatures, vacancies, close positions, openings prior to posting.
· Oversees the hiring process by posting/advertising positions, collecting and evaluating applications, and checking references and background clearances.
· Provides training to hiring managers and organization leadership regarding hiring requirements (e.g., hiring, behavioral based questions, references, etc.).
· Maintains relationships with recruitment agencies, department of employment services (DOES), advertising agencies, and local community organizations in efforts to recruit and retain employment for District of Columbia residents.
· Ensures that vacant position have a budget vacancy number or grant allocation (if necessary); ensures that each position is valid and currently opened.
· Sends out correspondences which may consist of: selected letters/phone calls, offers, regret letters (including the summary of rights from the Fair Credit Act).
· Completes and/or coordinates all on-boarding and pre-employment processes: including coordinating the Pre-Employment, scheduling new hires for New Hire Orientation, sending communications, providing support to the recruitment team. Sends out weekly communications and updates.
· Coordinates the pre-employment process (including for Board of Directors, Volunteers, Interns, Temporary and Consultants), verifies, collects, and maintains/original paperwork during pre-employment: I-9 employment eligibility verification, licenses, new hire data forms, tax forms, background, OIG (Office of Inspector General Search), EPLS (Excluded Party List Search) Sex Offenders, HIPAA disclosures, employment PPD, HEP-form, CPR Cards, Motor Vehicle Administration, (MVA), DOC release forms and memo, School Based Health Center forms, job descriptions signatures, offer letters signatures, ID Badges etc. Consults with supervisors prior to offers; provides checklist of any findings and missing items or concerns; obtains signature/approval from supervisor or designee.
· Manages oversight of The Work Number for employment verifications.
· Keeps abreast of and ensures compliance with laws, court decisions, and trends affecting personnel policies and procedures or Recruitment practices (DOL, FLSA, ADA, DHS, DOES, etc.).
· Sends request to the HR Business Partner Director of Sr. HR Business Partner to research employee files for re-hire, inquires and/or employment references through HRIS System or Iron Mountain (Archive Storage).
· Generates and maintains employment records for effective auditing procedures.
· Prepares reports of government regulatory agencies (DOES, DOC, DOH, DC GOV Agencies).
· Receives requests from department managers to recruit for current vacancies for assigned jobs; assists in the preparation of the weekly position announcements of vacancies. Creates recruitment advertising ads for various newspapers, online agency, newsletters or job boards.
· Reviews and screens applicants for current vacancies for assigned jobs; makes referral of qualified applicants to department managers and/or supervisors.
· Coordinates the Application Tracking Tool software (Position Manager) to upload prepare detailed job descriptions and classification systems and define job levels, in partnership with other managers for job posting as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
· Previous HR or recruiting support experience.
· Strong communicator who will effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to candidates, and Hiring Managers, and all levels of management and employees.
· Ability to manage a full desk and requisition load.
· High degree of organization and ability to prioritize tasks.
· Demonstrated project management skills.
· Impeccable customer relations skills.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
· Ability to articulate and assist with a broad range of tasks including resolving complaints, working with managers and employees on the interpretation of policies and procedures.
· Knowledge of the principles and practices human resources.
· Ability to prepare written reports and correspondences, and presentations to senior leadership as required.
· Knowledge of applicable state and federal employment and labor laws and governmental compliance requirements.
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
· Extensive knowledge of information technology, including hardware and software applications, used in the Human Resources function.
· Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
· Ability to maintain physical condition and stamina appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities which may include sitting or standing for extended periods of time and operating assigned office equipment, and other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
· 5 years of experience recruiting healthcare medical professionals required
· Functions as the subject matter expert so critical thinking and judgement is a must.
· Must be able to create targeted recruitment plans that yield results.
· Seen as someone who has control of the process and stays organized. Is not easily baffled when several requests are given.
· Communicates status, challenges faced and barriers to completing tasks in real-time.
· Superior marketing and public relations skills with the ability to communicate clearly and professionally to present practice opportunities in a positive manner.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills and superb customer service skills.
· Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to engage at all levels of the organization.
· Professional, high-energy and adaptable demeanor with flexibility in work habits to schedule and meet the needs of the client.
· The ability to multi-task, plan and prioritizing a large volume of detail-oriented work in accordance with changing deadlines.
· The ability to work with minimum supervision, set priorities, and follow through to accomplish results.
· Strong working knowledge of the healthcare industry and market especially as it relates to physician recruiting.
TheSenior Recruiterreports to the Director of Talent Management. The incumbent will provide supervision to the recruitment intern and pseudo oversight of the Recruitment Coordinator.
The position abides by all rules and regulations set forth by applicable licensing and regulatory bodies, as well as UHC policies and procedures.
The position requires contact with staff at all levels throughout the organization. There are also external organization relationships that may be a part of the work of this individual.
Some walking, standing, bending and carrying of light items such as books and paper is required (see ADA Effort Checklist).
The position works involves everyday risk and discomforts, which require normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices, meetings, training rooms, and other UHC sites. The work area is adequately lit, heated, and ventilated.
Position requires: a) integrated management of all administrative support, fiscal and operational aspects of a high traffic administrative office; b) planning, organization, and control of meetings and projects; c) establishment and implementation of workflow patterns and operating standards across multiple internal departmental activities; d) project planning, training, marketing and promotions, development and implementation controls e) participation in human resources policy development f) provide leadership that promotes trust, cooperation, and high levels of performance g) develop effective working partnerships as a means to expedite and improve human resources delivery services
The statements contained herein describe the scope of the responsibility and essential functions of this position, but should not be considered to be an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other areas to cover absences or relief to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.