▶Who we are
Imagine working in a place where continuous improvement and innovation is celebrated and rewarded; where fast-paced, high-impact teams come together to positively drive results for one of the largest & most iconic brands in the world.
As the only rapidly growing retailer, you may know us as your friendly neighborhood store. You probably know our familiar name, have seen our pervasive logo, and have tried our highly sought-after products, such as Slurpee® and Big Bite®. “Brain Freeze” is a 7-Eleven registered trademark for our 53-year old Slurpee® and with over 67,000 stores globally (more than any other retailer or food service provider), we sell over 14 million a month.
But there’s a lot more to our story and much more left to be written. We are transforming our business, ensuring we are customer obsessed and digitally enabled to seamlessly link our brick and mortar stores with digital products and services.
At 7-Eleven the entrepreneurial spirit is in our DNA and has been ever since our inception 90+ years ago. It’s what drove us to invent the convenience industry in 1927 by envisioning how a simple ice dock could provide household staples such as milk and eggs to better serve the needs of our customers.
Today we are redefining convenience and the customer experience in big ways...we are fundamentally changing our culture and we want talented, innovative, customer obsessed, and entrepreneurial people like you to come make history with us.
▶How we lead
At 7-Eleven we are guided by our Leadership Principles.
- Be Customer Obsessed
- Be Courageous with Your Point of View
- Challenge the Status Quo
- Act Like an Entrepreneur
- Have an “It Can Be Done” Attitude
- Do the Right Thing
- Be Accountable
Each principle has a defined set of behaviors which help guide the 7-Eleven team to Serve Customers and Support Stores.
▶About this Opportunity
- Provide expert insight into people and organizational issues.
- Translate business strategies and priorities into appropriate actions.
- Understand the dynamics of the business and drive human resources practices and processes that will create an effective organization.
- Actively participate as a member of the assigned leader's leadership team.
- Coach Business leaders on leading and managing their organizations effectively.
- Deliver HR strategies and programs for assigned client groups (e.g. performance management, annual HR planning, succession planning, recognition and rewards).
- Initiate, develop and drive the adoption of organization and process improvements; Facilitate the resolution of employee-relations issues.; Leads change management initiatives.
- Bachelors/4 Yr Degree PHR/SPHR or Master's Preferred.
- 5+ Yrs, Experience in like industry and/or complex matrixed organization highly desirable; Experience in an HR Business Partner role.
- Competent in all HR functional areas (staffing, compensation, learning & development, etc.), and thorough knowledge of applicable employment laws.
- Proven Application of Business Acumen; Knowledge and experience with team dynamics and applying Organizational Effectiveness principles.
- Expertise in change leadership and management; Effective interpersonal skills both in one-on-one situations with all levels, and in facilitating group meetings.
- Ability and comfort in handling multiple tasks, changing priorities and focuses; Excellent judgment applied to balancing tradeoff decisions.
- Collaborative skills applied to influencing peers and other leaders and senior management in making business decisions and solve complex problems, resolve disagreements with informed, rational debate.
Internal Posting Dates: 12/7 - 12/17