CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
The Senior Labor Relations Human Resource Business Partner is responsible for Labor Relations guidance and processes excluding arbitration and collective bargaining. The role will serve as a SME for business unit leaders related to a variety of Labor Relations related items.
- Responsible for end to end case management and resolution of the following processes: advice and interpretation of union contracts, performance management, grievances and requests for information from unions, temporary medical restrictions and other leaves (ADA, FMLA, STD, etc.), dispute resolution, NLRB & Arbitration prep support, union escalations, force adjustment support, targeted leader training on union related issues or new company processes (new manager, OEPP, CDB, contract overview, L2S, etc.), general Labor Relations support and other items as assigned.
- Provides advice and counsel to all levels of management related to a broad range of topics related to unions, our represented workforce, management rights, acceptable work practices, etc.
- Acts as a liaison between line leaders and HR. Interfaces with other HR COE’s, Shared Services, and legal to streamline processes and standardize work.
- Provide support to multiple union contracts and escalated LR issues.
- Works within a very fast paced Center of Excellence requiring flex and partnering capabilities with all members of the team. Responsible for tracking work items in a ticketing system to stay within established SLA’s for various in scope services.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or HR related field or equivalent education and experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of LR or HR experience in roles of increasing responsibility.
- Master’s Degree in business or HR related field
- Large company HR experience in a COE / Shared Services environment
- Hands-on experience and capability in working with both a represented and non-represented workforce
- Familiarity and/or experience with Lean/Six Sigma methodologies – Standard work, Process Mapping, Kaizen, etc.
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Broomfield; US-Louisiana-Monroe
Requisition #: 216879
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.