Senior Human Resources Business Partner
We are looking for a Senior Human Resources Business Partner in San Diego, CA. You will report to the VP of HR and work closely with our leaders to solve business challenges through people solutions and by gaining insightful data to guide your decision-making. You provide tactical and strategic HR consultation to influence and optimize employee relations, compensation management, organizational planning and change, and employee engagement.
If you are passionate about making an impact on how businesses manage energy, are not afraid to roll up your sleeves, and want to work with a dynamic global team, and are excited to see the tangible results of your contributions while we build our HR department, you should join us!
- You act as an interface for European based customers in the areas of wind energy, automotive and heavy transportation to support their requests for documentation, audits, technical issues.
- You gather data on customer reported issues, visit onsite as required, be the customer’s representative into Maxwell and the Maxwell representative to our customer base.
- You provide and present regular customer status reports to Maxwell Quality management in San Diego.
- You provide necessary 8D problem-solving support for customer claims, carry out initial first level analysis, liaise with internal Maxwell functions to coordinate full failure analysis, create 8D reports for internal review and deliver to the customer.
- You are the focal point for the communication and fulfillment of customer-specific and automotive industry quality requirements e.g. PPAP, audit support, test data etc.
- You identify and drive corrective/preventive actions to prevent re-occurrence and increase customer satisfaction.
- You provide a supervisory role to failure analysis technician based in Rossens, Switzerland on customer returns.
- You obtained at least a B.S./B.A or equivalent in HR, business or related field. An MBA and/or PHR/SPHR would be preferred.
- You have a strong HR background (organization development, employee relations, compensation, management development, and coaching) gained over 12 to 15 years of progressive HR experience in global technology companies.
- You are experienced in advising and counseling managers about how to identify and attract key talent, develop succession plans, utilize recognition and rewards to incent behavior, and helping them drive performance improvement and career growth within their teams.
- Ideally, you have implemented compensation programs and impactful HR Analytics or have a strong interest in the field.
- You can manage complex and cross-functional initiatives, processes, or projects, on a global scale and are interculturally savvy.
- You look at problems both from a business and an HR perspective and know how to diagnose systemic issues and propose holistic solutions.
- You are comfortable navigating through ambiguity, competing priorities, and constant change.
- You like working in a team, share your leanings, build trust-based relationships with the team and your client groups, and influence at all levels.
- As an influencer, your verbal and written communication skills are excellent and Excel and PowerPoint have no secrets for you.
We will like you even more if:
- You have a startup mentality and make things happen, fast and smart. You like to take initiative and ownership. You feel comfortable influencing a diverse group of opinionated people so that you reach a common goal. You listen before you act, understand business requirements, gather data, and then, develop a relevant and compelling strategy that can translate in actionable plan and metrics. You follow through on your projects.
- You enjoy challenging yourself with new projects and are excited at the prospect of learning new skills and work in unchartered territories.
Why You Should Work For Us
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Days
- Stock or Equity Options
- Flex Spending Account
- Continued Learning/Training
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Discount
- Free Parking
- Onsite Gym/Gym Reimbursement
- Company Retreats
- Daycare Reimbursement
About Maxwell Technologies
We are changing the way the world is powered. If you’d like to be part of a dynamic company that is making a difference in how the world uses energy, then Maxwell is the place for you. At Maxwell, you’ll be surrounded by intelligent, resourceful people and have the opportunity to be part of supportive teams that encourage your ideas.
Our core values shape our culture, guide our work and define the character of our company. These core tenets reflect the philosophy and daily business practices of Maxwell Technologies.
We believe that attracting and retaining a talented and diverse workforce is fundamental to our business success. Our employees rise to challenges every day with the same spirit of innovation that our company was founded with. We hire creative thinkers whose efforts contribute to our global growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Employee Events
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Mobile Phone Discount
- Paid Holidays
- Paid sick days
- Stock Options