Looking for a new HR opportunity within a mission driven environment? Consider joining us here at Community Resources For Justice as part of a team of committed Human Resources professionals at a highly diverse nationwide nonprofit.
At Community Resources for Justice, we believe that society gains when all people receive the support and tools they need to lead responsible, productive, and dignified lives.
For 140 years, some of society’s most overlooked citizens have benefited from the programs and services we provide. Our work is divided into three divisions, each with a distinct practice area and population served:
- Social Justice Services serves men and women transitioning out of prison and back into the community through a network of six residential reentry centers operated under contracts with federal, state, and county agencies. The division also runs a residential program for young adults with complex clinical needs.
- Community Strategies supports adults with developmental or intellectual disabilities to live as independently as possible through a range of community-based residential options offering structure in a caring, home-like environment, as well as day programs.
- The Crime and Justice Institute is a national-scale consulting practice that works with elected officials, justice system practitioners, policy makers, and thought leaders to effect significant reforms to promote safety and justice.
Guided by excellence, creativity, and compassion, we support individual transitions, strengthen families, promote justice, and improve community safety.
This Senior Generalist will work out of CRJ's Administrative offices located in Boston’s fast growing South End (Ink Block) neighborhood just a short walk from numerous shops and eateries with easy access to the commuter rail, the Silver, Red and Orange Lines.
In this Generalist role you will serve as part of a strong Human Resources team supporting CRJ's operations with numerous significant responsibilities including:
- Professional Development:Work with all operations leadership on performance management, coaching of line and leadership staff, professional development and training to ensure staff are given opportunities to develop professionally. In this function you will also review and analyze retention and turnover data, compile reports and create strategies for retention and employee satisfaction.
- Employee Relations:Support employee relations concerns and investigations, consulting with the Assistant HR Director, operations, and legal as needed.
- Three or more years’ experience providing professional development support as part of an HR team.
- Two or more years’s , experience resolving employee relations’ concerns.
- Highly organized, with good problem solving skills and ability to pay attention to details.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills; with strong data processing tools.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines in an outcomes oriented department .
- Friendly, personable demeanor and a solutions oriented outlook on problem solving.
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR is preferred.
CRJ provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.