Weichert Co. is hiring a seasoned Human Resources Generalist in Morris Plains, NJ at its corporate headquarters. The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for providing professional level support in all areas of Human Resources, with a strong focus on employee relations and performance management related activities.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Advises on workplace issues such as general performance and grievances. Provides direction to management in order to resolve the situation according to Company guidelines and legal regulations; follows through on issues to provide closure.
- Conducts and/or assists the Manager with internal investigations. Assists in the preparation of documents (Corrective Action Forms, PIPs, Terminations, etc.).
- Interfaces with employees regularly. Attends and mediates manager/employee discussions as needed.
- Works closely with managers to ensure consistency in policy and procedure application.
- Assists in the development and facilitation of compliance and Affirmative Action training and orientation programs for management in order to attract, retain, and promote a diverse workforce and promote the use of diversity.
- Works with management to develop job descriptions and determine FLSA exempt or non-exempt from overtime classifications. Makes recommendations regarding job titles, as well as job leveling. Maintains job description library and job coding system.
- Provides general support to the Manager and employee population. Checks the HR mailbox and runs needed reports in EV5.
- Provides support with potential reorganizations, acquisitions, and reductions in force (RIFs).
- Researches and stays current on applicable laws and regulations and ensures Company's policies are updated accordingly.
- Remains current and ensures compliance with State and Federal Wage and Hour laws.
- Provides HR Policy guidance and interruption.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
Bachelor's degree required with a concentration in Human Resources or related field preferred
Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred
Five (5) or more years of relevant experience in Employee Relations
Two (2) or more years of relevant experience administering EEO, Affirmative Action and Compensation
Previous experience using ADP's Enterprise Version 5 (EV5) strongly preferred
Ability to handle all aspects of employee relations
Demonstrated background in project and process management
Ability to investigate and analyze complex situations
Thorough understanding of health and welfare benefits
Strong relationship management and consulting skills
High level of initiative and attention to detail
Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.