POSITION: Senior Human Resources Generalist
REPORTING TO: Vice President of Human Resources
The Senior HR Generalist is a customer-centered role supporting a wide range of HR functions to include: employee engagement, performance appraisal process, orientation, training, and compliance efforts. This role will provide back up assistance for the VP of Human Resources in employee and labor relations areas. This person will be an active member of the overall HR team of five and will provide support with regard to on-going HR projects.
- Bachelors Degree
- PHR or SHRM-CP
- 7 years or more of Generalist experience in a union environment; healthcare sector strongly preferred, experience with labor and employee relations
- The ability to occasionally drive to our work site locations (during the work day) within the Merrimack Valley area; Haverhill, Andover, Methuen, Georgetown, Amesbury, Salisbury, Bradford and Lawrence.
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Critical thinking, risk assessment and the ability to problem solve with diplomacy
- Deep understanding of application of human resources practices and procedures
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and knowledge of HRIS and ATS databases
- Ability to develop and analyze data
- Develop employee engagement, employee referral and onboarding initiatives
- Provide coaching and guidance to managers on carrying out goal setting, performance reviews and providing feedback to employees; ensure that annual reviews have been completed and that development plans are in place
- Assist VP of Human Resources with general HR training needs to supervisors and managers as needed
- Provides backup to the VP of Human Resources in assisting with labor relations issues with employees that include conducting investigations, counsel and advise management, recommend approaches to resolve problems with the goal of grievance avoidance
- Ensure consistent interpretation and administration of company policies and procedures, practices and principles relating to employee and labor relations and risk management
- Maintain full compliance with all applicable state and federal laws and regulations
- HR projects
- Provide additional assistance to the benefits area during peak times
- Off boarding tasks
Please forward resumes and cover letter with salary expectations to Kathryn Mageary, Vice President of Human Resources, email@example.com
Attention Search Firms: We are not accepting calls from search firms to assist with recruitment efforts for this position. Principal candidates only, please.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law