Galleher LLC, a nationally recognized leader and one of largest floor covering distributor in the United States is looking for an Sr. HR Generalist to join and be part of our Human Resources department.The Sr. HR Generalist responsibilities include assisting and at times lead in the recruitment process, employee development and training, employment law compliance, safety training, compensation and benefit plans while supporting the Galleher culture. To be successful in this role, you should be familiar with HR technology including HRIS, payroll and applicant tracking systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administer various human resource plans and procedures in alignment with the Company’s objectives, which include HR policies and procedures documentation, employee handbook revisions.
- Administer the compensation program; monitor the performance evaluation program and revise as necessary
- Participates in benefits administration to include enrollment communication, education, and claims resolution.
- Oversees employee safety, welfare, wellness, and health to include OSHA-required data, reporting, and posting.
- Provide coaching on a variety of Human Resources related topics to all levels of the organization with a focus on employee relations.
- Assists in recruiting to include analyzing job duties, create job descriptions, job postings, and candidate search.
- Compliance awareness with Federal and State laws and mitigate risk to the company by staying abreast of current HR practices and changes in employment law, then promptly addressing any gaps in the company's existing policies and procedures.
- Supports employees and management to communicate and to answer questions related to various human resources policies, procedures, program, laws, and other government regulations.
- Proven work experience as a successful professional Sr. HR Generalist or similar role with at least 6-8 years of experience
- Hands-on experience with Human Resources management software (including payroll systems and ATS)
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite
- Solid understanding of labor legislation
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities
- Leadership skills
- Excellent at building relationships
- Ability to foster healthy employee relations
- Confidentiality and integrity
- BS degree in Human Resources Management or similar degree
- HR certification preferred
- Multi-state experience preferred