Why join ACCO? ACCO Engineered Systems is one of the largest mechanical contractors in the country. Since 1934, owners and builders have selected ACCO to design, install, and maintain more than 250,000 mechanical projects. ACCO is dedicated to the design, fabrication, installation, maintenance and service of commercial and industrial HVAC, refrigeration, plumbing, process piping, and building automation systems. Whether your project is a low or high-rise office building, a shopping mall, hospital, semi-conductor fabrication facility or pharmaceutical manufacturing plant�ACCO can design, build, install, and maintain a mechanical system to meet your needs
Here at ACCO, we are a part of something bigger. Just ask our customers: California Academy of Sciences, L.A. Live, and San Francisco 49ers Stadium. While we have been around for 80+ years, we continue to grow at a dynamic pace. And we are looking for talented individuals to join our team. To read more about us, check out our ABOUT US section with current news and events.
The Senior Project Manager is expected develop and maintain a client base, manage HVAC/plumbing sales, and manage the field labor for each project. The Senior Project Manager will use judgment and discretion in representing the company. They are expected to show a high level of commitment and involvement with their work and the company�s business
WHAT DOES THIS ROLE INVOLVE?
Customer Development & Manage Sales:
- Maintain cordial relationships with all clients, vendors, subcontractors and the industry.
- Prepare mechanical/plumbing budgets and bids, proposals, memos, contracts, change orders, strategies, control costs within agreed-upon limits, manage installations and produce reasonable profits.
- Manage all project requirements from the inception of sales to successful project completion and is responsible for the projects financial performance
- The Senior Project Manager utilizes and coordinates staff from all departments, as needed, for each project.
- The Senior Project Manager manages and supervises employees assigned to the project.
- Provide supervision, leadership, and coordination of all ACCO departmental efforts including Engineering, Purchasing, Accounting, Construction and Service during project construction in a timely manner.
- Actively involved in recruiting, training, coaching and mentoring.
- The Sr Project Manager is the single-source responsibility to ACCO and the customer.
- Attend all ACCO Project Management Sales and Construction Meetings. Schedule and coordinate pre-construction job meetings with department heads and supervisors.
- Contribute and be part of special studies, committees, etc. to advance ACCO�s technical abilities in engineering, planning and estimating, installation procedures, etc. All special assignments as directed by Management to accomplish mutually agreed upon goals.
- Accountable to the Southern Region Construction Sales Manager, or designee, as indicated on the latest Organizational Chart for the respective office location and available to the President.
- Consult with appropriate ACCO personnel including all Management and Department Heads.
- Directly supervises assigned Project Engineers, Project Coordinators, Job Supervisory Personnel and others.
- Maintain a community presence in an industry-based or community-based organization.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN A CANDIDATE?
- 10+ years of progressive experience in estimating, design and management of HVAC projects from $50,000 to $25+ million
- Ability to operate independently and autonomously, and yet possess the discretionary judgment to know when it's appropriate to consult with others in the organization
- Demonstrate a corresponding high sense of integrity
- Demonstrated experience/ability to develop new business
- Strong interpersonal and project management abilities, employing strong organizational skills to respond successfully to a high volume of issues.
- Education: Bachelor�s in Mechanical Engineering or related field preferred, but not required or equivalent industry experience.
- MBA or Master�s level educational degree and/or a current licensed PE are notable, but not required for candidates.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
(The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
WHAT�S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Collaborative Company Culture - We have a diverse environment of skilled professionals - field construction workers, engineering, project managers, service technicians, and supporting staff - who collaborate together and make ACCO Engineered Systems an engaging place to work.
- Competitive Benefits - �including medical plans, dental, vision, 401k & company match, supplemental insurance.
- ESOP � Employee Stock Ownership Program. An exciting benefit from us to you, free of cost to all eligible employees.
- Paid time off - including Holidays, Vacation, Sick Time, and Personal Time
- Professional Development Programs � Educational reimbursements, Professional memberships, training programs, and career growth opportunities.
ACCO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AA M/F/V/D.
We proudly hire U.S. Military Veterans, and those qualified are encouraged to apply.
ACCO will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment.
At this time, ACCO is unable to provide visa sponsorship.