SLR International Corporation is seeking a Senior Level Hydrogeologist to join and lead our growing operations in one of our offices located in Arizona, Alaska, Colorado, California, Oregon, or Washington. The qualified candidate will have at least 10 years of relevant professional work experience in mining or industrial sector consulting and project management.
Key functions in this role include managing deliverables to SLR clients and management team, oversight of projects, and developing business. Successful candidates will demonstrate outstanding project delivery, backed by a proven reputation for providing highest quality service to clients.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Geology, Environmental Science, or related field
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant professional work experience
- Hydrogeological modeling expertise including MODFLOW and FEFLOW applied at mine or industrial sites and the application of modeling results to complex water management strategies at various stages of the mine life cycle from baseline studies to reclamation
- Permitting experience at various state and federal levels is preferred
- Demonstrated skills in managing consulting assignments and working directly with clients and stakeholders
- Capable of managing a variety of project deliverables with varying timelines
- Proven technical leadership experience managing others
- Proven project management experience from proposal stage to completion to include establishing project scope, budget and schedules, client communications, and managing deliverables is desirable
- Proven experience working with a team of diverse professionals
- Ability to travel
- Valid driver's license
- Drive to provide our clients with solution-focused, technically strong work products
- Provide technical leadership within the field of Hydrogeology
- Provide senior review of technical work prepared by others
- Defining work scopes and executing projects on schedule and on budget while maintain a high-quality work product
- Effectively mentor and develop junior staff
- Build relationships with clients that result in sustained growth
- Promote cross-selling
- Strong capacity and drive to build relationships with clients and recognize our client's goals
- Excels in working with peers in different geographic locations
- Collaborative, team-oriented approach to daily work
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Adept at interfacing with a variety of clients and stakeholders
- Skilled in communicating technical information to internal and external business contacts
- Strong analytical, organizational, leadership, and multi-tasking skills
- Self-directed and highly motivated
- Committed team player
SLR is a professional consulting and advisory firm that has been advising clients for over 20 years. Starting as a UK business, we now operate as a global company with more than 1400 people delivering client solutions across five regions.
In the United States, SLR has nearly 500 employees located throughout 28 offices. Our team represents a broad and diverse range of technical and environmental capabilities. SLR's professionals offer a blend of experience incorporating engineers, geologists, toxicologists, hydrogeologists, remediation specialists, regulatory and compliance specialists, and environmental scientists. We work for clients throughout our six primary business sectors: Oil and Gas, Mining, Industry, Infrastructure, Built Environment and Power.
Comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, orthodontia, vision, flexible spending account, generous PTO accrual, 10 paid holidays, 401(k) retirement account with company matching program, company paid life insurance, short & long term disability insurance, and employee assistance program.
SLR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer