Senior Implementation Engineers at GuidePoint Security are experienced professionals who are autonomous, experienced, self-driven security fanatics. Our Security Implementation Engineers are materially involved in the complete security technologies opportunity lifecycle, from pre-sales through delivery and have the freedom and control over how engagements are scoped and delivered. Our unique position as both a Value-Added Reseller (VAR) AND a professional services organization also requires our Security Engineers to continually expand their knowledge and experience with the latest cutting-edge information security technologies. This helps satisfy our Security Implementation Engineers desire to constantly expand their knowledge and better meet the needs of our clients. Position is remote/virtual; however candidates must reside locally within the New England region for local travel when necessary.
- Splunk architecture, implementation, and troubleshooting experience
- Proficiency developing log ingestion and aggregation strategies
- Expertise developing security-focused content for Splunk, including creation of complex threat detection logic and operational dashboards
- Familiarity with key security events on common IT platforms
- Deep proficiency in client and server operating systems including Windows, Mac, and Linux
- General networking and security troubleshooting (firewalls, routing, NAT, etc.)
- Scripting and development skills (BASH, Perl, Python or Java) with strong knowledge of regular expressions
- Ability to autonomously prioritize and successfully deliver across a portfolio of projects
- Up to 50% out-of-town travel may be required to clients in New England
- Security Implementation Engineers work from remote/virtual when not visiting client locations
- Splunk Enterprise Security experience
- Splunk Certifications such as Splunk Certified Consultant, Splunk Enterprise Security Implementation, and Splunk Certified Architect
- Experience with platforms such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Terraform and SaltStack
- Experience with other Information Security solutions including Symantec DLP, ForeScout, ZScaler, Palo Alto, BlueCoat/Symantec, Check Point, McAfee, Carbon Black, CrowdStrike, Splunk, and Cisco SourceFire
- Experience authoring security runbooks, policy, and best practice documentation
- 3-5 years of security engineering experience in the Information Security industry OR as a
- technical lead for an internal Information Security program
- Educational & Professional Credentials
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent professional experience
GuidePoint Security is a rapidly growing, profitable, privately-held value added reseller that focuses exclusively on Information Security. Since its inception in 2011, GuidePoint has grown to over 350 employees, established strategic partnerships with leading security vendors, and serves as a trusted advisor to more than 1,000 clients.
Firmly-defined core values drive all aspects of the business, which have been paramount to the company’s success and establishment of an enjoyable workplace atmosphere. At GuidePoint, your colleagues are knowledgeable, skilled, and experienced and will seek to collaborate and provide mentorship and guidance at every opportunity.
This is a unique and rare opportunity to grow your career along with one of the fastest growing companies in the nation.
Some added perks….
- MacBook Air or Pro
- Healthy mobile phone and home internet allowance
- 100% employer-paid medical and dental with generous employer family contributions
- Eligibility for retirement plan after 2 months at open enrollment
Equal Opportunity Employer
GuidePoint Security, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.