Senior Tax Analyst
US LBM is looking for a Senior Tax Analyst to join its Tax Department. This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated individual to make his/her mark on an evolving in-house function and to develop a broad base of tax skills. �The Senior Tax Analyst�s primary responsibilities will be in the areas of tax compliance and income tax provision preparation. The Senior Tax Analyst will work closely with the entire finance group. �
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare workpapers to support calculations for federal and state filings for partnerships and corporations.�
- Prepare taxable income calculations for specific companies within our portfolio group.�
- Coordinate with internal tax managers, internal finance staff, and external co-sourcing firm to ensure compliance deadlines are met.
- Prepare schedules for year-end and quarterly income tax provisions (ASC 740). �Reconcile income tax related accounts on the general ledger.
- Coordinate with finance staff and effectively communicate with operating entities to obtain data at specific portfolio companies to support various tax calculations.
- Prepare apportionment reports for state income tax filings.
- Assist with tax audits, preparation of responses to notices, and other tax related inquiries.
- Assist in maintaining the tax compliance calendar.
- Prepare assigned tax entries and tax account reconciliations.
- Assist Indirect Tax Manager with special projects.
- Perform tax research in support of tax planning and compliance.� Draft written technical memos in support of conclusions and provide recommendations to tax management.
- Identify and implement opportunities for process improvement within the compliance and provision process, especially with respect to utilization of technology.
- Identify and pursue all feasible tax savings opportunities and minimize all tax liabilities based on analysis of applicable substantial authority for positions.
- Support SOX compliance for the Tax area.
- Assist tax management in maintaining current relationships with external consultants as well as relationships with other finance teams and operating units with whom we collaborate.
Skills and Experience
Education / Experience
- BS in finance or accounting required
- Master�s degree in taxation or CPA is a plus.
- 2-4 years relevant experience in either a corporation and/or public accounting firm;
- ASC 740 experience is a plus.
- Strong attention to detail with good organizational and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills, both orally and written
- Strong technology skills (advanced Excel formulas and experience with Alteryx is a plus)
- Intellectual curiosity and dedication to continuous improvement
- Energetic and collaborative attitude with demonstrated ability to work in a deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities.