The Senior, Industrial Engineer will serve as the subject matter expert for optimization projects, project baseline measurements, and provide recommendations for workflow improvements. This individual will facilitate and lead cross functional teams, coach, mentor and provide leadership to PLSI fulfillment center and delivery management teams to improve their overall performance, production, service and quality. The Senior, Industrial Engineer is responsible for working on cross-functional teams to perform problem analysis, engineer and re-engineer a wide variety of business processes across multiple business lines. This selected candidate will develop engineered work standards and work targets, introduce 5S/Lean principles throughout all physical business workflows, and will be a change agent, promoting a continuous improvement culture that strives for operational excellence.
This important role will work to standardize process documentation and manage these processes to ensure they remain current, are efficient and measurable, possess a high level of usability, and meet audit standards. The Senior, Industrial Engineer will be an ambitious, organized, and a highly efficient expert with prior lean-process implementation and engineered work standard program development.
· Facilitate and work within cross-functional teams, coach, mentor and provide guidance to fulfillment center leadership and employees, delivery leadership and employees, industrial engineers, and logistics operations specialists, while building an operational excellence program
· Lead project management teams and work within cross-functional teams dedicated to improved operational performance
· Work directly with fulfillment center leaders to implement plans to improve operations performance
· Serve as an active trainer and change agent
· Act as an accountability advocate within the operations organization in support of the proposed engineering process plans
· Function as a subject matter expert and single point of contact between Engineering and Operations
· Define ‘as-is’ and ‘to-be’ models
· Perform gap analysis
· Devise action plans based on overarching process models or master operating plans
· Perform time studies and develop engineered work standards
· Assist in development and updating of standard operating procedures
· Validate and report status of implementation to management
· Work cross-functionally to develop end-to-end workflow process documentation and job-aids
· Manage pilot, rollout, evaluation and assessment of re-engineered processes
· Track and monitor results for needed actions or adjustments across multiple sites
· Collect and analyze data to determine standards, process requirements and quality metrics for performance scorecards and reporting
· Facilitate improved leadership and team performance within FC’s and transportation teams
· Drive improvement in labor productivity, workflow improvements and quality performance
· Work with FC leadership to develop training materials, plans and schedules for frontline employees; implement process improvements on an ongoing basis
Takes Action: We embrace opportunities and challenges with a sense of urgency and enthusiasm.
Instills Trust: We are genuine, committed, and act with integrity in everything we do.
Drives Results: We set challenging goals, hold ourselves accountable, and measure results.
Effective Decision-Making: We make timely and informed decisions that align with business goals.
Customer-Centric: We put our customers at the center of all that we do.
Builds Partnerships: We foster effective communication, teamwork and inclusion.
Personal Development: We actively engage in learning and professional growth
Continuous Improvement: We pursue innovative solutions and improve our business processes
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering, process management or business administration, and related fields or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 4 years of experience minimally in a distribution / fulfillment center, logistics, inventory, customer service operations or related process-driven environment
- 4 years demonstrated experience minimally in leading teams and fostering highly collaborative work environments, championing innovation, and advancing the capabilities of high performing teams
- 4 years of experience minimally utilizing process improvement methods including statistical problem-solving techniques
- 4 years of demonstrated experience minimally in leading and facilitating teams to deliver quantifiable process improvements/savings through project coordination of quality objectives and activities that resolve production problems, maximize reliability, and minimize cost
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft 365 or similar operating platform, including Microsoft Visio and Sharepoint
- Excellent communications skills: written, presentation, and speaking
- Experience partnering with subject-matter experts
- Advanced process-mapping skills, preferably in Microsoft Visio
- Act as a member of fulfillment center of the future design team
- Significant experience with process improvement either utilizing Lean/Six Sigma green or black belt practices or other business process engineering methods
- Ability to influence cross functionally across all levels
- Good understanding and experience with Microsoft Project Software
- Green or Black belt Lean Six Sigma Certifications
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Patterson Companies, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.