Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Penn Medicine's Data Analytics Center is actively searching for a Senior Information Analyst to join our Reporting and Research Team!
The qualified individual will be responsible for taking a leading role in developing complex custom reports for clinicians, researchers and department administrators in a healthcare environment. That process involves translating requirements from report requestors into design specifications, conducting data analysis, including identifying data and analyzing available data. This may include building stored procedures, creating temporary storage structures, and developing quasi-ETL process.
The qualified candidate is also responsible for the entire report writing phase including coding, unit testing, and bug fixes. This position involves frequent interaction with the report requestors to elicit their data needs and to collaborate on report design.
This individual will also be responsible for aiding and mentoring more junior members in the technical and healthcare aspects of their positions. This person will be responsible for creating and maintaining adequate process documentation as well as take a leading role in process improvement.
The person in this role will be expected to review current demands and propose and outline projects which will meet current and future needs of the customer base. This person will take a leading role in expanding the software and feature offerings of the multidisciplinary team; which could involve writing project proposals, specifications, requirements, etc.
Minimum Degree Requirements and Experience Required:
• Bachelor’s degree required; preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems or related-field.
• Current Internal Penn Medicine Information Services division employees may be considered with proof of active and continued enrollment in an approved bachelor degree program.
• Minimum of 6 years’ experience with report development tools, data warehousing, relational databases, and SQL.
• Healthcare experience preferred.
• Extensive experience with MS-SQL and Oracle as well as T-SQL and/or PL/SQL.
• Extensive experience with report development tools; such as Crystal Reports, SAP BusinessObjects, etc
• Experience in report designing, development, and deployment.
• Experience in data analysis.
• Experience in general reporting methodologies, including but not limited to charts, scheduled delivery of reports, ad-hoc execution of reports, metadata, drill-downs/throughs, and cubes.
• Extensive knowledge of data warehousing and data presentation techniques.
• Experience in producing documentation, and organizing training and education.
• Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
• Strong analytical, organizational, problem solving, excellent communication and customer service skills required.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to interact with all levels of health system personnel to include: IT management, consulting staff, clinicians, hospital administrators, etc.
• Ability to prioritize developmental and operational tasks in a dynamic and challenging environment.
• Familiarity with health care domain is desired.
If you’d like to learn more about the Data Analytics Center, please visit our website!
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Penn Medicine http://www.pennmedicine.org/careers/
Live Your Life's Work