Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters – to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures.
The Senior Information Security Analyst / Engineer is a senior technical resource in Information Security responsible for the implementation and effective and efficient maintenance of related technologies. Additionally, this individual has advanced and broad knowledge of Information Technology at large, with an understanding of related disciplines and how they interoperate.
- Serve as senior subject matter expert in the field of Information Security, maintaining a strong understanding of the field, its practices and controls, and its related technologies.
- Provide technical support to ensure the ongoing efficient and reliable operations of related MFS security solutions and controls supporting business products and services.
- Proactively develop and maintain strong knowledge of MFS security solutions, controls, and processes. Make recommendation to improve the reliability, scalability, performance, or security of these solutions as well as improvements to increase effectiveness of controls.
- Leverage technology to automate manual tasks, and seeks to improve efficiency wherever practicable and appropriate. Assesses, recommendation and implements security process improvements.
- Develop, enforce and maintain MFS Information Security controls, procedures, and standards. Work closely with Information Technology and business units to take a risk-based approach that security controls are properly implemented across the environment, both during design and after deployment.
- Lead security risk assessments and due diligence efforts to methodically analyze MFS technology, solutions and processes, identifying risks from both a technical and business perspective, and recommending strategies to mitigate those risks to an acceptable level.
- Receive broad goals and overall performance and project objectives from Management and assist in establishing and implementing methods to attain them.
- Accountable for meeting assigned performance and project objectives including timelines and budgeting.
- Serve as senior-level mentor to other members of the team.
- Collaborate with other IT and business groups, readily sharing information.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related technical field.
- CISSP preferred.
- Seven or more years of related Information Technology experience with three or more (3+) years of Information Security-specific experience.
- Strong subject matter expertise in the field, with familiarity with other related security technologies, controls and processes.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, writing, and organizational skills along with the ability to work effectively under pressure, prioritize and manage multiple complex tasks, activities and projects.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrate solid financial skills, strategic and tactical planning.
- Demonstrated ability to interact, communicate, build relationships, and negotiate well with members of team and Senior Management including delivering effective presentations.
- Proven ability to manage projects efficiently and effectively and to meet project deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities as circumstances warrant.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. "Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement."