Who we are.
American National is a successful and stable corporation guided by five core values: Financial Strength, Integrity, Respect, Service and Teamwork. We are among America’s Most Trustworthy Financial Companies according to Forbes. We’ve spent the last 110+ years earning this reputation and we work each day to expand this legacy. We know we’re not just selling insurance, we’re providing security and peace of mind to our 5 million policyholders.
The growth, innovation and success of American National are driven by our incredible employees who thrive on delivering exceptional service to our clients. Success begins and ends with our people. Their loyalty and dedication to American National is why we’re successful.
If you share our values and can contribute to our mission of providing the highest quality service to our clients, we want to hear from you!
Why join us?
We know that our employees’ lives encompass much more than the time they spend at work. To help them maintain a healthy work/life balance, we’ve compiled a generous benefits package, includin medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending account, matching 401(k), paid time off, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement and referral bonuses.
We’ve also incorporated unique benefits like our volunteer program where employees are provided PTO for giving their time to a non-profit of their choice. Healthy employees are productive employees so we also have a comprehensive wellness program that includes onsite fitness centers and classes or discounted gym memberships, free health screenings, free flu shots, and more.
American National is seeking a Senior Information Systems Auditor to be located in any of our corporate locations: Galveston, TX, Glenmont, NY, or Springfield, MO. The Senior Information Systems (IS) Auditor will complete assurance audits focused on information systems, information security, networking, telecommunications, programming, and hardware activities, as well as consulting engagements. The ideal candidate will need to be able to complete risk-based audit assignments with limited supervision including research, planning, and fieldwork as well as drafting reports for review by Internal Audit Services management.
- Develop and document an understanding of information system controls and processes and Perform information systems audits alone or as part of a team
- For each audit engagement, evaluate information systems, platforms, infrastructure, and operating procedures and controls. Complete a risk assessment and develop a focused and risk-based audit program for the work to be completed
- Understand and analyze complex data, systems, and processes effectively to identify system controls and potential weaknesses, evaluate the significance of any issues, and develop sound conclusions, opinions, and recommendations for improvement opportunities
- Prepare neat and organized work papers that properly support work performed, audit observations, opinions and recommendations
- Learn new technical material quickly and apply the acquired knowledge during assignments
- Effectively communicate in writing by sharing audit observations, opinions, and recommendations; and by developing the initial draft of audit reports
- Effectively communicate orally by interacting with all levels of employees and management (both technical and non-technical) during each audit or consulting engagement
- Participates on special projects and investigations on a as needed basis.
- Minimal domestic travel required
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-oriented or an information systems oriented major from an accredited college or university required
- An active Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or a Certified Public Accountant with additional information technology credentials (CITP)
- Minimum of one year of information systems audit experience and a minimum of six years of acceptable auditing/information systems experience, or equivalent experience. Such knowledge and experience must include detailed knowledge of all aspects of Information System auditing (Three to five years of direct information systems auditing with the ability to perform security and general computer controls reviews on complex systems preferred)
- Technically proficient with the security, audit, and control issues of hosted, distributed computing, and cloud base environments
- Ability to develop new or uncharted audit procedures
The preceding job posting has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this role. It is not intended to be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
American National’s recruitment policies help us place individuals in a timely and efficient manner. Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted by our recruiting team. Candidates always have the ability to determine their application status by logging into our Career Portal.
Love's, Loves, Love's Travel Shops, Loves Travel Shops, Love's Travel Shops & Country Stores