Our client is hiring a Senior Instructional Designer for a contract to hire at their Durham location. If qualified, please email your resume to Healea at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sr Instructional Designer:
This position is responsible for creation of effective workforce performance solutions that support enterprise-wide learning and bridge performance gaps. Develop Courseware designs that adhere to adult learning principles and incorporate broad complex interventions that range in media and complexity. Analyze data and select the most appropriate learning strategy. Consult with business leaders to determine most appropriate interventions, learning objectives, time to proficiency, and measurement methods to ensure solution efficacy. The candidate must have the ability to be a hands-on manager of multiple projects/programs with a focus on customer service and execution against time constraints.
• Analyze current state environment in relation to strategic business goals and apply best practices and technologies in designing solutions.
• Translate business needs into performance improvement, development and delivery solutions for the identified client problem or opportunity.
• Perform comprehensive analysis with business partners, vendors and external constituents.
• Develops learning and development deliverables for the enterprise portfolio.
• Identify workforce performance gaps and recommend the most appropriate solutions based on the strategic business case.
• Develop strategies to build and expand communities of practice that enable learners to interact with and listen to each other and key stakeholders (including customers, communities, health professionals, influencers and other employees) through emerging and existing communications tools and methods.
• Lead teams or participate as a team member in implementing strategic consulting projects that drive significant follow-on work, including:
organizational diagnostics, strategic planning, impact mapping, performance-based curriculum design, e-learning opportunity analysis, rollout planning and communication design, measurement and evaluation strategy, and feasibility studies.
• Design learning and development strategies and programs to increase productivity, employee performance and employee satisfaction and designs metrics to track the effectiveness of these programs.
• Design and develop relevant blended learning interventions which include instructor led, web based, computer based, mobile, and virtual synchronous/asynchronous delivery options.
• Measure solution effectiveness using Kirkpatrick's levels 1-4 and other sanctioned tools.
• Proficient development of graphics editing, simulations, games and other interactive solutions using industry standard software.
• Assure leadership alignment and end user adoption of solutions through skilled client consultations and change management methodologies throughout the lifecycle of the project.
• Perform requisite testing and production moves using the appropriate enabling technologies.
• Maximize enabling learning technologies in compliance with AICC, SCORM and proprietary standards.
• Produce multimedia end user, facilitation guides and EPSS as applicable.
Categories: multimedia development, human performance improvement, videography, organizational development, measurement/evaluation, project management, or social media
• 2 years experience in the design and advocate of learning solutions in support of client business goals and strategies
• If no degree, 9 years work experience as an instructional designer, including 4 years experience in two or more of the following categories:
multimedia development, human performance improvement, videography, process improvement, organizational development, measurement/evaluation, project management, or social media
• Degree in Instructional Design, Educational Technology or Adult Education preferred
• Master’s degree in relevant discipline preferred
• A proven track record in designing/developing effective performance interventions in a corporate setting. Sample portfolio required
• Knowledge of Instructional Systems Design Methodology, Adult Learning and HPI
• Knowledge of industry standard learning technologies
• Proficiency with simulation tools and applications such as Captivate2 years experience in the design and advocate of learning solutions in support of client business goals and strategies
• Knowledge of instructional objectives, instructional strategy models, blended learning solutions, learning object methodology, and measurement standards
• Strong analytical skills, problem solving, and technical skills
• Ability to work cross-functionally under pressure
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent consultative skills through all levels of the organization
• Understanding and ability to demonstrate command logic
• Ability to collect and translate business requirements, functional and technical specification
• Proficient with industry standard authoring tools – Captivate, Flash and other simulation/animation packages preferred
• Knowledge of current trends and best practices in learning
• Knowledge of rapid design/development methodologies
• Demonstrate advanced expertise in two or more of the following categories:
1. Multimedia Development: Ability to use common content development tools such as Captivate, Flash, Lectora, Articulate, Photoshop, or Dreamweaver to develop learning content for a variety of delivery options
2. Measurement/Evaluation: Ability to conduct thorough analysis of learning interventions to evaluate the success criteria for business objectives, learner satisfaction and engagement, knowledge retention, and ROI
3. Project Management: Ability to lead cross-functional project team to design, develop and implement comprehensive learning solutions that align with the strategic goals of the company and maximize end-user adoption, learning effectiveness, and integration
4. Organizational Development: Ability to design and implement OD interventions at the enterprise level utilizing a variety of organizational development theories and models to develop sustainable change within the enterprise
5. Human Performance Improvement: Ability to develop and implement strategies that address workforce performance gaps and improve workforce performance through specific human performance improvement interventions to anticipate or close existing performance gaps
6. Social Media: Ability to use new media and web 2.0/digital-based methods (SharePoint, LinkedIn, Facebook, Digg, YouTube, Twitter, Flickr, blogs, wikis, discussion boards, etc.) to create blended learning solutions and support enterprise learning strategies
7. Videography: Ability to provide a complete video-based solution, including pre-production (planning, scheduling, story-boarding/scripting), production (cameras, lighting, audio, recording, talent), and post-production (special effects, editing, publishing.
The key for this role is to have strong analytical, consulting and design skills. To be able to work with business areas to determine what the business problem is that we’re trying to solve for and to develop a strong learning solution to close the gap.
The good to have:
Nice to have a multimedia background.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178