Where creative minds gather…. Average need not apply….
Oak Grove is anything but your typical government contractor. We pride ourselves on our outside-the-box approach to solving customer challenges. We are seeking ‘A Team’ players to continue writing our success story.We are a smaller mid-size company that is growing, profitable, forward thinking and always ready to tackle the next challenging situation our clients face. We have repeat customers because they trust us. Who are they? Sometimes the Government, sometimes the Military, sometimes the commercial world but ALWAYS happy and satisfied.
We're focused on providing the best end-to-end training solutions available—and we need the best the industry has to offer. Why? Oak Grove’s readiness training has a stellar international reputation for excellence, we team with top universities to advance cultural development programs, and our award-winning eLearning solutions and training programs outshine the competition.
Your work will be challenging and your performance will be recognized and rewarded. Our entrepreneurial-minded team thrives in a fast-paced, fun environment where there are always opportunities to learn something new.We attribute 10+ years of success to the quality of our amazing team, our energetic leadership, and our commitment to excellence and customer happiness.
We are proud to be a leading Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business becoming a mid-size company. We are headquartered in Raleigh, NC as well as an office in the National Capital Region.
Oak Grove is seeking a Senior Instructional Systems Designer (ISD) to design and develop eLearning (asynchronous, self-paced) training programs for Oak Ridge National Laboratory. Can be Virtual for the right candidate with preference to candidates located in Oak Ridge, TN.
In this role the senior instructional designer will work with customers, sponsors, and subject matter experts to gather and analyze requirements and be responsible for the design and development of online, self-study, mobile web-based modalities using Articulate Storyline 360. The ISD will design and development highly interactive courseware that supports the performance outcomes and requirements of both internal and external customers. This position requires a take-charge personality using resourcefulness and initiative to troubleshoot and resolve issues. Responsible for all phases of project execution, including responsibility for adhering to project schedules and monitoring receipt and delivery of project materials. Duties and responsibilities will also include:
- Act as liaison between Oak Grove Technologies and the customer’s major points of contact.
- Develop and maintain schedules of deliverables, project/work plans.
- Collaborate effectively with Subject Matter Expert/s (SME) to conduct needs/audience analysis, develop training objectives and course/product outline, design course/product content, and assessment items. This includes compiling and organizing information and writing and editing instructional materials to adapt classroom-based courseware and products, reference documents, and raw materials into clear, effective, interactive instructional content.
To be considered for this position, candidates must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Master’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required with related experience in instructional design, training, or curriculum development including solid experience with computer applications.
- Highly proficient in Articulate Storyline 360
- Experience designing training for the federal government clientele (preferred).
- Knowledge of nuclear safety and operations highly desirable
- Ability to design simple training that conveys complex concepts required.
- Knowledge of Adult Learning Principles required.
- Extensive experience utilizing the Plan, Analyze, Design, Develop, Implement, and Evaluate (PADDIE) process in support of training programs.
- Experience producing interactive training utilizing one or more specialized delivery modalities, such as Web Based, Instructor-led and/or Video Based Training.
- Strong client facing consulting skills, with an emphasis on real world, practical problem solving.
- Ability to direct and manage all aspects of the design and development for an e-Learning project for all Interactive Multimedia Instruction levels of interactivity.
- Ability to identify, document, and communicate training requirements, issues and resolve issues/conflicts as needed.
Oak Grove Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Oak Grove Technologies, LLC participates in E-Verify to determine an individual's identity and employment eligibility to work in the United States. E-Verify is a service of DHS and SSA