Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life-cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in. www.woodplc.com
We offer competitive salaries along with a complete benefits package including: medical, vision, & dental coverage, 401K Matching, Educational Reimbursement, and a variety of Training and Development Programs to help you develop the skills you need to succeed in your chosen career path.
The Phoenix office of Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions has an immediate opening for a Senior Instrumentation & Controls (EI&C) Engineer to primarily support water/wastewater projects in the industrial (mining) and commercial sectors, but also expected to support the needs for this discipline related to other sector projects as the need arises. This level of engineer is a fully qualified engineer proficient in the utilization of current I&C engineering theories and practices.
- Design I&C systems and provide construction engineering support for large conveyance and treatment facilities
- Design and program various programmable logic controllers (PLCs)
- Design of instrumentation and control panels for large water plants and conveyance facilities
- Typically function as I&C discipline or task leader on projects, assuming responsibility for the work on the project
- Lead execution of I&C work and resolve issues in a team environment
- Ensure compliance of design with all applicable codes and regulations
- Prepares material/equipment specifications and purchase requisitions; reviews supplier data; witnesses shop tests, assists with assessing supplier manufacturing capabilities
- Responsible for the review of instrument and control systems vendor drawings and data
- Interface with suppliers, clients, other engineering disciplines, detailers/designers
- Participate in the development of piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs) and equipment package specifications
- Lead development of logic diagrams, instrument index, I/O List, control narratives
- Help determine budget estimates and staffing requirements for the defined scope and schedule. May assist with other administrative and technical duties
- Perform quality reviews for detailed engineering documents and specifications
- Mentor other engineers and design personnel in technical excellence and career growth
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (or related field) from ABET accredited program
- Professional Engineer (PE) active registration is preferred but not required
- Minimum 8 years of relevant work experience
- Design-Build project execution experience desirable
- Knowledge of applicable design standards governing corresponding design work, such as API, NFPA, ISA, PIP, IEC, IEEE, ISO, NACE
- At least some experience with industrial (mining) water facilities and projects is essential
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Must also possess a thorough knowledge of current industry trends and technology, and be able to select and apply appropriate engineering software for use on project
If you believe you have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.
By submitting your resume, you consent to Wood plc sharing this information within its divisions in order to identify other employment opportunities for which you may be suitable.