Senior Insurance Operations Analyst
(Data, Analysis, Product, or Actuarial Analyst backgrounds all considered)
Boston, Massachusetts, or Williston, Vermont location (Remote-based to start)
Join a rapidly growing team of professionals in Boston, MA that are out to disrupt and transform the insurance and auto retail industries. DealerPolicy is looking for a detail-oriented and analytical Senior Insurance Operations Analyst to join its Underwriting team.
DealerPolicy is a leader in the emerging Insurtech sector. With its seamless integration into the car buying process, the company’s innovative solution enables car-buying customers the opportunity to purchase insurance by connecting them with licensed insurance agents while simultaneously completing the purchase of their new car. The company delivers these benefits through an industry-first combination of partnerships with car dealers, a growing insurance carrier network, and team of licensed insurance advocates.
As the Senior Insurance Operations Analyst, you will be responsible for managing the insurance rating process by supporting the DealerPolicy’s operations model. This individual will work with the executives on a regular basis to provide ongoing KPIs and relevant changes with partner carriers. This position offers an excellent opportunity to interact with internal agency operations, engineering, insurance carriers and 3rd party partners. Strong analytical, problem-solving and research skills are a must.
This role is based in Boston, MA (regional office) or Williston, VT (headquarters). It will incorporate regular contact with and occasional travel between headquarter and our regional offices.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Act as the subject matter expert of carrier product offerings
- Understand the similarities and differences from each partner carrier
- Partner with agency directors and trainers to organize the product features to optimize efficiencies
- Manage insurance operation systems, such as PL Rating, AMS360 and other proprietary systems
- Implement initial system settings for new state entries, including compliance research as well as new carriers/appointments onboarding
- Maintain rating system configurations to support agency operations and represented insurance carriers
- Test changes, or new feature implementations of rating systems
- Work with engineering team to reduce rating errors
- Schedule agency appointments with insurance carriers
- Streamline the KPI reporting process by consolidating each carrier
- Analyze and interpret carrier competitiveness by monitoring trends and changes
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years of property & casualty personal lines insurance, ideally in Product Management, Underwriting or other analytical roles
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong time management skills
- Experienced working in fast-paced environments
- Comfortable working with all levels of the organization
- A graduate degree and/or CPCU designation is beneficial, but not required
- Experience with PL Rating, AMS360, Salesforce are a plus
DealerPolicy offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, which include
- Medical & dental insurance
- 401k plan
- Paid time off
- Discounted EDGE Sports & Fitness Membership
- Wide variety of local discounts
DealerPolicy is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other protected status as defined by federal, state or local law.