Micron’s vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life for all. Join an inclusive team focused on one thin using our expertise in the relentless pursuit of innovation for customers and partners. The solutions we create help make everything from virtual reality experiences to breakthroughs in neural networks possible. We do it all while committing to integrity, sustainability, and giving back to our communities. Because doing so can spark the very innovation we are pursuing.
Req. ID: 236901
The Legal Department is seeking an experienced technology licensing and intellectual property counsel to provide a broad range of strategic IP advice and services to one or more of Micron’s business units. We are looking for a lawyer who can collaborate with senior business leaders and other key personnel to provide practical, risk-balanced advice on IP matters to facilitate achievement of business goals. This role will also involve management of IP litigation matters.
Core responsibilities include:
- Draft and negotiate broad range of intellectual property agreements such as technology development, collaboration, licensing, and confidentiality agreements, and IP-related clauses in other commercial agreements
- Provide counsel, support, and training to business units regarding intellectual property matters, including protection of intellectual property and confidential information, participation in standard setting organizations, and risk assessment and management
- Provide ongoing risk/opportunity assessment of litigation and potential litigation matters
- Provide direction to outside counsel and in-house resources regarding the conduct and resolution of litigation matters
- Manage legal costs, including external counsel fees and discovery expenses
- Some travel, both domestic and international, may be required
- A Juris Doctorate degree with strong academic credentials is required
- 5+ years of experience, in-house or at a top-tier law firm, negotiating and drafting intellectual property agreements
- Meaningful experience in patent and/or other intellectual property litigation is preferred
- Registered and in good standing with at least one State Bar
- Demonstrated ability to apply creative and practical problem-solving skills to complex issues
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, with great interpersonal skills
- Technical undergraduate degree in electrical engineering, physics, or similar field is preferred
About Micron Technology, Inc.
We are an industry leader in innovative memory and storage solutions. Through our global brands – Micron® and Crucial® – our broad portfolio of high-performance memory and storage technologies, including DRAM, NAND, 3D XPoint™ memory and NOR, is transforming how the world uses information to enrich life. Backed by more than 40 years of technology leadership, our memory and storage solutions enable disruptive trends, including artificial intelligence, 5G, machine learning and autonomous vehicles, in key market segments like mobile, data center, client, consumer, industrial, graphics, automotive, and networking. Our common stock is traded on the Nasdaq under the MU symbol. To learn more visit micron.com/careers
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Micron prohibits the use of child labor and complies with all applicable laws, rules, regulations and other international and industry labor standards.
Micron does not charge candidates any recruitment fees or unlawfully collect any other payment from candidates as consideration for their employment with Micron.
For US Sites Only: To request assistance with the application process and/or for reasonable accommodations, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 or 208-368-4748 and/or by completing our General Contact Form
Keywords: San Jose || California (US-CA) || United States (US) || SGA || Experienced || Regular || Legal || #LI-SC2 || Tier 5 ||