Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: TN-Nashville-3401 West End Ave
Organization: HealthIT Core Tech & Integrati 108692
Designs, develops, supports, analyzes, and documents one or more healthcare system interfaces including day-to-day operational issues, break/fix, configuration, maintenance, upgrades and on-call rotations independently.
- Designs, develops, and configures interfaces to support clinical and operational workflows
- Analyzes clinical or operational workflows supported by the assigned products and their relationship to the technical environment in which they operate.
- May perform analysis and design of supporting technical infrastructures.
- Work closely with application teams, subject matter experts, clients, and third-party application experts to determine the business needs for interfaces.
- Supports clinical, revenue, or operational interfaces for assigned products which may also include testing,, product life cycle, communication/collaboration with product owners and vendors.
- Assists with onboarding and training as needed.
- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE (INTERMEDIATE):- Possesses sufficient knowledge, training, and experience to be capable of successfully developing or supporting applications for the product without requiring support and instruction from others. Able to educate and train others regarding the process.
BUSINESS KNOWLEDGE (INTERMEDIATE):- Demonstrates the ability to apply multiple areas of business knowledge to successfully meet broad work objectives. Knowledgeable of the major business units of the company which relate to work responsibilities. Understands and monitors appropriate key business indicators as well as the competition. Able to communicate with users and customers regarding various business functions in an easily understood manner. Able to interpret and draw conclusions from business data. Demonstrates an understanding of overall business perspectives.
PROBLEM MANAGEMENT (INTERMEDIATE):- Demonstrates mastery of Incident Tracking and Problem Reporting in practical applications of a difficult nature. Assures that the proper people receive problem reports as soon as detected. Possesses sufficient knowledge, training, and experience to be capable of successfully delivering Incident Tracking and Problem Reporting products and services without requiring support and instruction from others. Able to train and educate by setting the example, giving technical instruction, providing leadership, and generally raising the level of performance of others while on the job.
TECHNICAL ANALYSIS - (INTERMEDIATE):- Possesses high level of knowledge of the functionality of assigned products and the systems with which they interface. Proactively identifies, analyzes, and develops solutions to complex clinical, operational, and technical issues. Possesses sufficient knowledge, training, and experience to be capable to successfully design build, configure, install, run reports, and perform maintenance support with minimal instruction or guidance from others. Participates in optimization efforts. May lead projects and delegate tasks.
CONFIGURATION MANAGEMENT AND PLANNING - (INTERMEDIATE):- Demonstrates a conceptual and business understanding of configuration management, planning and related topics. Able to quickly and accurately discuss the impact of new technology, platforms, and design criteria. Understands and monitors key business indicators as they may apply to enhancements of the system. Able to communicate with users and customers regarding configuration for business functions in an easily understandable manner. Participates or develops multi-faceted configuration plans.
TESTING - (INTERMEDIATE):- Possesses a high level of skill to develop new and execute pre-designed program test data, load testing, and ensures validity of data passed among programs. Able to use automated testing aids to help debug programs. Creates and maintains appropriate test documentation for regulatory requirements.
- Organizational Impact: Independently delivers on objectives with understanding of how they impact the results of own area/team and other related teams.
- Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Utilizes multiple sources of data to analyze and resolve complex problems; may take a new perspective on existing solution.
- Breadth of Knowledge: Has advanced knowledge within a professional area and basic knowledge across related areas.
- Team Interaction: Acts as a go-to resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small project teams.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P3):
- - Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
- - Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- - Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P3):
- - Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
- - Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
- - Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P3):
- - Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
- - Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- - Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (P3):
- - Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- - Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
- - Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (P3):
- - Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
- - Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.
- - Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
5 years relevant experience
Additional Qualification Information:
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)Experience with Epic Bridges highly desiredExperience with an Interface Engine Ensemble Experience in other interoperability standards including FHIR, CCDA, and xml desiredHL7 experience, specifically ADT, ORM, SIU, and MDM messages
Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands:
- Light Work category requiring exertion up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally and uses negligible amounts of force to move objects.
- Occasional: Standing: Remaining on one's feet without moving.
- Occasional: Walking: Moving about on foot.
- Occasional: Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects under 35 lbs from one level to another
- Occasional: Carrying under 35 lbs: Transporting an object holding in hands, arms or shoulders, with help of coworkers or assistive device.
- Occasional: Push/Pull: Exerting force to move objects away from or toward.
- Occasional: Bending/Stooping: Trunk bending downward and forward by bending spine at waist requiring full use of lower extremities and back muscles
- Occasional: Reaching above shoulders: Extending arms in any direction above shoulders.
- Occasional: Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any direction below shoulders.
- Occasional: Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise working with hand or hands.
- Occasional: Bimanual Dexterity: Requiring the use of both hands.
- Frequent: Sitting: Remaining in seated position
- Frequent: Fingering: Picking, pinching, gripping, working primarily with fingers requiring fine manipulation.
- Continuous: Communication: Expressing or exchanging written/verbal/electronic information.
- Continuous: Auditory: Perceiving the variances of sounds, tones and pitches and able to focus on single source of auditory information
- Continuous: Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral vision, color vision.
- Continuous: Feeling: Ability to perceive size, shape, temperature, texture by touch with fingertips.