Who we are:
Meridian, a WellCare Company, is part of a national network of passionate leaders, achievers, and innovators dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our members, our providers and in the healthcare industry.
We provide government-based health plans (Medicare, Medicaid, and the Health Insurance Marketplace) in Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, and Ohio. As a part of the WellCare Family of companies, we deliver healthcare excellence to millions of members nationwide.
Our associates work hard, play hard, and give back. Meridian associates enjoy an exceptional experience and culture including special events, company sports teams, potlucks, Bagel Fridays, and volunteer opportunities.
A Day in the Life of a Senior Internal Auditor:
Position plans and leads audit projects, develops audit programs, works directly with areas undergoing audit, completes audit testing, reviews staff members' work, and prepares reports of results.Responsibilities
- Facilitates audit planning and develops the audit program for assigned internal audit projects
- Independently interviews and obtains audit evidence from business owners
- Provides independent appraisals, analyses, and observations for examining and evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of business processes, internal controls, and regulatory compliance
- Completes audit testing, documentation, and reporting in a timely manner and in accordance with Audit Methodology and professional standards
- Reviews the work of staff members for adequacy and completeness
- Reviews and evaluates the effectiveness of corrective action plans that address audit reporting findings, and tracks the status of all assigned action plans to completion
- Educates business owners on compliance requirements and responsibilities
- Communicates and coordinates with external auditors
- Collaborates with Internal Audit management in preparing the annual risk assessment and audit plan
- Provides updates to Internal Audit management regarding the status and budget of assigned audits
What you can bring to Meridian:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, management information systems, accounting information systems, decision support, or other business related field is required
- 3+ years of experience in auditing is required
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) is preferred
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) is preferred
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is preferred
Demonstrated analytical skill is preferred
Demonstrated ability to understand business processes, identify risks and develop a comprehensive audit plan is preferred
What Meridian can offer you:
- Our healthcare benefits include a variety of plans that are effective on the first day of employment for our new full-time team members.
- Opportunity to work with the industry’s leading technologies and participate in unique projects, demonstrations, conferences, and exclusive learning opportunities.
- Meridian offers 401k matching that is above the national average.
- Full-time Meridian employees are eligible for tuition reimbursement towards Bachelor’s or Master’s degrees.
- Meridian was named Detroit's #1 Fastest Growing Company by Crain's Magazine, so it is a great time to get involved with Meridian.
Equal Opportunity Employer