America’s Diner is currently looking in Upstate, South Carolina for our next Sr. Internal Auditor to join our in-house audit team! Our Support Center office is located in the beautiful and rapidly growing downtown Spartanburg. While our Corporate internal audit department is currently working mostly remote from home, there will be weekly office visit requirements that may evolve over time.
This position is responsible for assisting in the execution of the annual Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 compliance effort, as well as other internal audit activities of the Company.
Essential Functions (Key Responsibilities)
- Assists in executing the annual SOX 404 compliance effort. Tests control effectiveness, summarizes and reports test results.
- Updates and maintains documentation. Reviews quarterly journal entry testing.
- Supervises, coaches, and trains staff auditor for SOX 404 detailed test work and other projects. Reviews detailed audit work performed by staff auditor.
- Participates in the planning and development of audit programs related to other corporate audits. Manages the timely and effective completion of assigned audit procedures.
- Develops audit work papers in accordance with department standards in order to complete the audit work and support the audit findings and recommendations to management. Assists in the preparation of audit reports and other deliverables intended for audit customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required.
- 3-5 years auditing experience required. Public accounting experience preferred. Professional certification (CPA, CIA) preferred.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Problem solver and ability to think analytically.
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to focus on priorities in order to successfully achieve deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a variety of departments and personalities to achieve quality results.
- Strong attention to detail and quality.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, accounting systems, and other business-related software systems.
Denny's, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, race, creed, color, national origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual orientation, genderidentity, disability, geneticinformation, military or veteran's status, criminal background, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State, or local law.
Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should contact 864-597-8000. PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT THIS NUMBER TO CHECK THE STATUS OF YOUR APPLICATION.