America’s Diner is currently looking in Upstate, South Carolina for our next Staff Auditor to join our in-house audit team! Our Support Center office is located in the beautiful and rapidly growing downtown Spartanburg. While our Corporate internal audit department is currently working mostly remote from home, there will be periodic office visit requirements that may evolve over time.
This position is responsible for assisting in the execution of the annual Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 compliance effort, as well as other internal audit activities of the Company.
Essential Functions (Key Responsibilities)
- Assists in executing the annual SOX 404 compliance effort including performing walk through procedures, as needed, testing control effectiveness, summarizing and reporting test results, interacting with external auditors, including hours for substantive audit work directly for the external auditors as part of a co-sourcing arrangement, and updating and maintaining documentation
- Conducts quarterly journal entry testing.
- Participates in the planning and development of audit programs related to other corporate audits.
- Develops audit work papers in accordance with department standards in order to complete the audit work and support the audit findings and recommendations to management.
- Assists in the preparation of audit reports and other deliverables intended for audit customers and the Audit & Finance Committee
- Manages the timely and effective completion of assigned audit procedures.
- Interfaces with the Director of Internal Audit and the Audit Manager, as well as various process owners throughout the Company.
- Conducts operational audits as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required.
- 1-2 years of accounting experience preferred. Professional certification (CPA, CIA) preferred or in process of obtaining. Internship experience in related accounting, finance or auditing function strongly preferred.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Problem solver and ability to think analytically
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to focus on priorities in order to successfully achieve deadlines
- Ability to work independently, carry out assignments to completion, critically analyze issues, form conclusions and assist in the development of corrective action plans.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a variety of departments and personalities to achieve quality results
- Strong attention to detail and quality
Denny's, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, race, creed, color, national origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information, military or veteran's status, criminal background, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State, or local law.
Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should contact 864-597-8000. PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT THIS NUMBER TO CHECK THE STATUS OF YOUR APPLICATION.