TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
TripAdvisor is seeking a Senior Analyst, International Tax to join its tax team. The TripAdvisor tax department is a fast-paced, team-focused, dynamic environment. Reporting to the Senior International Tax Manager, this individual will primarily assist in the research, analysis, and reporting of international tax matters.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist with transfer pricing, reorganizations, M&A, and other tax planning projects.
- Research international issues and support special projects as required.
- Assist with ensuring that international tax functions are in compliance with internal SOX policies.
- Identify process improvements, implements changes and ensure best practices.
- Respond to various tax questions from the various “internal customers” and organizational functions and prepare analysis and/or memos as required.
- Work effectively with outside tax advisers.
- Assist in the reporting under ASC 740 of international tax matters.
- Assist in international tax financial audit related matters.
- Prepare and distribute quarterly tax packages for assigned business units and foreign entities.
- Review quarterly tax packages and identify issues that impact U.S reporting.
- Preparation of foreign tax provisions and tax account reconciliations for US consolidated financials and local statutory financials.
- Accumulate foreign subsidiary data for preparation of Form 5471 and 8858 including E&P and tax pool information.
- Assist on foreign tax credit calculations necessary for preparation of Form 1118.
- Coordinate and prepare schedules for external service providers for the preparation of foreign tax returns.
- Work with domestic tax group regarding respective information required for federal and state income tax returns.
- Work with International Tax Team and external consultants on tax audits of foreign subsidiaries.
- Assist with preparation of statutory accounts.
- Assist with other projects within the Tax Department as required.
- Work effectively with the members of Accounting, Finance, Legal and other groups to complete objectives.
What We Seek:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field
- 3-5 years of past International Tax experience
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment
- Proactive on identifying and resolving issues
- Ability to communicate/present issues in a clear and effective manner across all levels of the company including external auditors
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer knowledge (MS Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Flexible and open to change and new information; adapts behavior and work methods accordingly.
- Grasps the essence of new information; recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; pursues self-development; seeks feedback.
- Exhibits integrity though fair and ethical behavior toward others and a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility and commitment.
- Treats colleagues and partners with respect: considers and responds appropriately to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of different people.
- Can be relied upon to ensure that projects within areas of specific responsibility are completed in an appropriate and timely manner and acknowledges mistakes, learns from those events and is able to move forward productively.
- Identifies and analyzes problems; distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information.
- Ability to balance time to market with a solution and make the right trade-offs along the way.
- Strong analytical skills: understands and utilizes metrics relevant to role.
- Clear communication through expression of facts and ideas in a clear, convincing and organized manner.
- Good business judgment when making decisions and always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the business.
Must be able to perform customary physical duties and meet appropriate social expectations of a professional office environment.
TripAdvisor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
***This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer may provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization. ***