Asa new addition to the American Express family, our team is working to developadditional ways to become an essential part of Card Members' digital lives byenabling travelers to discover, book, and access airport lounges worldwide. Youwill have the freedom, ownership, and speed of a startup with the backing,support, and resources of American Express.
We are growing our engineering team and arelooking for a Senior iOS Developer that can act as a peer to our existingsenior iOS developers. You are someone experienced and extremely knowledgeablethat enjoys problem solving and working within a multidisciplined team. You’llbe working on our 2 primary iOS products: our public iOS app (over 500kdownloads) and our lounge-facing check-in system (deployed in many loungesglobally). In addition, you have real experience working at a high-scalestartup.
We have some reallyexciting functionality to explore, especially aroundhow these products interact with external hardware. (iBeacons,magnetic-card readers / NFC, barcode scanning).
We come from all around the world, spanningmultiple continents. The LoungeBuddy teamis made up of very unique andfascinating people. We are a small but mighty team that are passionate aboutworking collaboratively, travel, and of course airport lounges. Our pillars areTrust & Respect, Collaboration, Learning & Growth, Ownership, andEmpathy. Since our acquisition, we have kept our existing team but have gainedthe resources and backing of American Express to build the world’s best travelexperiences!
Discover more about ushere: https://www.loungebuddy.com/about/team
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a joband making a difference.
American Express has been making adifference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments bigand small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challengesand reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the livesof our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helpingthem with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as theygrow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend withtheir family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path,we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into thebest future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way toback our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Great candidates will have
- Deep understanding of the iOS frameworks
- Solid grasp of software design patterns and why they are important
- Know how to 'write less code'
- Ability to communicate complex software concepts well and enjoy those conversations
- Enjoy shipping often and getting your hard work in front of hundreds of thousands of users regularly
- Can communicate complex software concepts to people with a wide range of technical knowledge
- Thrive on teams with a congenial and collaborative approach to working through technical problems
- Takes an interest in the bigger picture, and how their current work fits into the team’s larger goals
- Enjoys iterative, user-driven development that prioritizes user feedback
- Committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for colleagues of all backgrounds
- Enjoys contributing to the development of his or her peers by providing mentorship and support
- 4 years of iOS experience
- Experience with Swift 3
- Experience with Core Data, Bluetooth peripherals
- Experience with performance optimization using Instruments
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 5, 2020, 2:31:01 PM