The Senior IT Asset Manager acts as Inovalon’s transformational thought leader to develop and manage the IT Asset Management (ITAM) program, by collecting IT asset data to enhance operations, improve efficiency, manage costs, and develop budgets. In concert with senior leaders, the incumbent would develop an ITAM vision for Inovalon, including a procurement strategy to optimize technology spending and manage inventory across the organization. The individual in this role would organize and lead a cross-organizational ITAM governance structure to develop and implement policies, processes, and procedures to support Inovalon’s ITAM objectives.
- Develops and maintain the strategic, annual asset management plans aligned with the departmental strategy and budget;
- Develop and lead a highly-collaborative, cross-functional environment to execute ITAM plans establishing both hardware and software asset management practices, and create departmental policies and procedures;
- Lead, develop and oversee the implementation of the asset management system;
- Develops a comprehensive business plan for the management of assets, including recommendations on the most effective, efficient, and economical procurement solution, in compliance with corporate policies and procedures and legislative requirements;
- Ensures software and hardware assets are maintained in compliance with legislative requirements and accounting standards from acquisition to disposal (e.g. lifecycle management);
- Oversees the maintenance of all software licenses and subscriptions, ensures contractual compliance, Leads license reconciliation and true-up processes, and oversees all internal and external software licensing audits;
- Manages virtual or physical audits of all IT hardware and software and develops processes and procedures to ensure accuracy;
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure ITAM processes effectively integrate cross-functional procedures to seamlessly track assets; Works with key internal leads for M&A;
- Develops metrics, reports, cost analysis, ROI and budgeting for the Inovalon IT Asset Management program; and
- Perform additional related responsibilities as required.
- 7+ years of experience in ITAM at an enterprise-wide level;
- 3+ years of experience in an ITAM capacity or equivalent;
- Proven knowledge of leading asset management policies and procedures;
- Strong knowledge of and IT Service Management (ITSM) and ITAM methodology, standards and frameworks (e.g. ITIL, ISO 19770-X, MOF, COBIT, etc.);
- Proven experience with creating, implementing, and maintaining asset management processes (e.g. development of ITAM, SAM processes and process flow documentation);
- Deep understanding of software licensing;
- Expertise with IT technologies, including common hardware, networking, and software licensing;
- Familiar with major service management platforms and ITAM Cloud/SaaS Tools; and
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, and service skills.