Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring a Senior Auditor, IT & Data Management in the Tysons, Virginia location. The primary purpose of this job is to be responsible for increasing capacity to deliver top-notch audit services to PenFed’s members, Board or Directors, Supervisory Committee and senior management to help protect the credit union and its reputation as it strives to achieve its strategic intents. The incumbent will lead and conduct complex IT audits. This position will provide leading edge analytical support services to the audit operations and administer audit management and analytical software.
- Maintain and augment knowledge of the information technology and security control environment within the financial services industry and the statutory and regulatory requirements established by federal regulators related to financial institution operations.
- Oversee and monitor enhancements to analytical tools to maximize the use of financial data in audit planning and performance.
- Identify opportunities to utilize computer assisted audit techniques (CAATS) and available analytical tools and championing ASD’s data analytics initiative.
- Continuously identifies opportunities to utilize computer assisted audit techniques (CAATS) and available analytical tools and championing ASD’s data analytics initiative.
- Building the “library of audit analytics” over-time. Ensuring the process, protocol and methodology is documented. Being a resource to the audit department regarding our technology assets (e.g., TeamMate, IDEA, etc.) and business applications (e.g., Salesforce, PeopleSoft, Hyperion, etc.)
- Develop ASD’s Robotic Process Automation and Continuous Monitoring Programs
- Plan and oversee the development of user-friendly front-end processes to expedite thorough and complete data analysis to fulfill audit objectives
- Train staff on data extraction and analysis using various analytical applications and advise internal auditors with respect to identifying the most efficient data analysis method to use to fulfill audit objectives and provides assistance as needed.
- Prepare and execute audit programs designed to achieve engagement objectives, including high quality reports, involving PenFed’s information technology and security programs and operations and contribute to their improved governance, risk management and control processes.
- Document audit work performed following the Institute of Internal Auditors International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing with an emphasis on the sufficiency and appropriateness of audit evidence.
- Provide input to the Audit Manager or Managing Director concerning the performance of auditors mentored and performance to the audit team.
- Assist Audit Services management as directed to maintain a professional relationship with management officials, external auditors, NCUA and other regulators.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or a related discipline is required.
- Minimum of four (4) years of progressively responsible technical information technology audit or data analytics experience is required. A related advanced degree can be substituted for experience.
- Must be conversant with data analysis tools and techniques, serving as an administrator for audit management systems and analytical applications (such as SQL, AI, Excel, Salesforce and Enterprise Data Management tools).
- Comprehensive experience in data analysis and information systems is required.
- Prior experience as a financial or data analyst is highly desirable.
- Current IT auditing certification or willing to pursue after employment.
- Thorough knowledge of auditing standards, including IIA, FFIEC, NIST 800 series is Preferred.
- Working knowledge of IT audit in a financial industry or consulting environment is required.
- Proficiency with electronic audit documentation and Microsoft office tools is required.
- Proficient in SQL, AI, Excel and Salesforce, Enterprise Data Management tool.
This position will not supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
Certified Information System Auditor (CISA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) certification is preferred or willing to pursue after employment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call may be required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 240-224-4256.