As a Senior IT Program Manager, you will be part of a highly skilled, dedicated IT PMO team focused on delivering challenging, high value programs. You will join a growing team that nurtures individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values teamwork, shares success, and rewards excellence.
This role supports the planning and execution of multiple programs and projects, requires a strong user focus, and is accountable for schedule and quality of all program elements.
- Partner with program sponsors, managers, and project managers to plan, track and execute complex, cross organizational programs while maintaining focus on implementing the right things, at the right time, and with the highest levels of quality.
- Perform program analysis, manage risks, identify and influence necessary course corrections, creatively solve problems, and communicate program status and activities across multiple levels of management.
- Continuously assess and improve the IT Program and Portfolio Management processes and mentor/coach other members of the IT PMO.
- A bachelor's degree and 12 years of professional work experience is required.
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Business, Information Technology, Computer Science or related field.
- 7+ years of experience managing complex, cross-functional IT programs and projects.
- Experience in managing the implementation of IT Infrastructure projects using Agile practices.
- Expertise in Change Management.
- Proven ability to drive consensus keeping business goals at the center of negotiations.
- Outgoing, highly organized, persistent, and tenacious; able to deal with uncertainty and change.
- Self-starter, inquisitive and able to quickly understand new processes, methodologies and systems.
- Hands-on experience with developing and reporting on metrics and KPIs for programs and projects.
- Ability to influence others in order to get things done, even when you have no direct line of authority over them.
- Advanced organizational, interpersonal, conflict resolution and communication skills which can be comfortably applied across management levels.
- Preferred: experience with cloud hosting programs.
- Preferred: Experience with Jira
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.