Wesco Aircraft is a dynamic, global company looking for enthusiastic team members to support our vision: To generate value in everything we do every day as a highly engaged team delivering the best customer experience. We invest in our employees, providing outstanding opportunities for career progression and personal development. We invite you to explore a career with our Wesco Aircraft team.
As a Senior Project Manager, you will be responsible for leading teams to delivery projects that span across one or more business units or IT systems. This includes management of issues, risks and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time delivery.
In this role you will have the authority to manage the project on a day-to-day basis and is ultimately responsible for assigned projects and manages customer satisfaction, definition, planning, monitoring, and others aspects of projects to verify that the project produces the required deliverables of quality, within the specified constraints of time and cost and to achieve the potential benefits defined in the business case.
- Develop requirements, outlines, budgets, and schedules for information technology projects
- Develop and manage all aspects of project engagement from planning, external vendor relationships, communications, resources, budget, change, risks and issues
- Successful project delivery will include full implementation from initiation to deployment for one major or several minor initiatives simultaneously
- Manage the day-to-day project activities and resources and chairs the project management reviews
- Develop project tracking and variance reports
- BA/BS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering/Computer Information Systems/Electrical Engineering, MIS, Finance, or related field
- 5+ years of Project/Portfolio Management experience or equivalent work experience required with at least three years managing project financials
- Experience negotiating and managing contracts for IT teams including hardware, software, professional services, and maintenance
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence
- Proven financial management skillset including knowledge of GAP, software development estimation & forecasting accuracy, and demand planning
- Strong leadership, diplomatic, negotiation, and motivational skills including the ability to lead across and down business and technology organizations
- Demonstrable success in driving excellent software delivery
- Ability to adapt frequently through new processes and technology changes
- Strong communications skills. Able to communicate clearly, persuasively and in a positive manner
- Able to read and interpret complex written information (e.g. Statement of Work, specifications)
- Strong interpersonal skills. Must be able to effectively work with all levels of an organization
- Comfortable presenting data clearly and informatively to groups of people in person and over the phone
- Effective time management, problem solving and decision-making skills require
This position requires use of information which is subject to compliance with the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). To conform to U.S. Government export regulations/ITAR, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Wesco Aircraft is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Wesco is proud to offer a broad range of benefits options. You can choose from a number of plans including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance and voluntary supplemental programs. All full-time employees are eligible for benefits coverage.
Wesco Aircraft is one of the world’s leading distributors and providers of comprehensive supply chain management services to the global aerospace industry, based on annual sales. Our services range from traditional distribution to the management of supplier relationships, quality assurance, kitting, just-in-time delivery, chemical management services, third-party logistics or fourth-party logistics and point-of-use inventory management. We offer one of the world’s broadest portfolios of aerospace products, including C-class hardware, chemical and electrical and comprised of more than 563,000 active stock-keeping units. Wesco Aircraft has more than 2,900 employees across 50 locations globally with net sales of $1.6 billion in 2018.