We are looking for a Senior Java Developer to support our IT Department.
- Become familiar with our existing applications and environments.
- Provide direction to the development team in regards to effort, process, and standards.
- Lead or assist in the development phase of the SDLC and collaboration with other phases.
- Design and develop applications using complex computational logic (e. g. statistics, algorithms).
- Design applications that utilize shared resources (e.g., file/record locking, shared storage, and database).
- Design and develop applications that perform complex interactive/UI processing (e. g., multiple related panels/windows/screens, multipath dialogs, and links).
- Design and develop server-side applications in a multiple partition environment.
- Research, design and develop solution to reported issues.
- Read, write and comprehend technical specifications.
- Utilize source control system when developing patches or programs that pertain to the applications.
Problem Solving Skills:
- Isolating complex problems using internal and external tools.
- Resolving application design and logic errors.
- Distinguishing between system, application and procedural problems and provide the proper direction and designed solutions.
- Research error conditions with integrated application(s) and provide direction or design solutions that will correct this issue.
- Design and develop verification techniques (e.g., report writers, file dumps, logs).
- Assist the developers or develop controlled unit test data for a single program or application.
- Verifying the results and supporting integrated application test results.
- Prepare test scripts for a single application.
- Collaborating with QA and Business Analyst teams for testing of efforts
- Collaborating with Release Management team for the release of applications
- Determining and changing all document sources affected by updates or changes in the application.
- Creating documentation for new applications or procedures (operations, user, and programmers).
- Preparing documentation for new or existing system or system modifications (e.g., program narratives, file record description, user manuals, and operations instructions).
- Writing clear instructions to users regarding problem resolutions or installation of fixes and releases. Writing clear descriptions to aid other individuals or groups in problem resolution.
- Advising users on routine questions related to the application (e.g., completing transactions, selecting options and features).
- Keeping users informed of forthcoming enhancements and product changes by announcements, release schedules, and discussing changes).
- Monitoring the user satisfaction with the application features and functions.
- Explaining technical problems to the Help Desk and to non-technical users.
- Knowledge of programming languages required for this position.
- Excellent core Java
- Object-oriented programming and concepts of encapsulation
- Service-Oriented Architecture
- Web Services (SOAP and/or REST)
- Team Foundation Server
- Eclipse IDE
- Knowledge preferred for this position.
- ESB (Neuron)
- Knowledge of the Windows operating environment.
- Knowledge of database software.
- SQL Server
- College degree preferred but not necessary
- Associate degree in IS preferred.
- Or 6-8 years of related work experience and 2-4 years as a Sr. Java Developer.