Principal Cloud Platform Engineer
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Principal Cloud Platform Engineer on our IT team in Hopkinton, MA.
Responsible for deployment and operations of Cloud Platforms and services in our Private Cloud infrastructure. Resource will have experience with DevOps methodologies and will be working with platform engineers in designing, building and maintaining Kubernetes (PKS) platform and guiding the development and implementation of Cloud applications, systems and processes. You will also have experience with deployment and orchestration of Docker containers on a Cloud platform. Participate on a Cloud Platforms infrastructure team, enhance our next-gen private cloud platforms- Container as a Service (Docker, Kubernetes, others), on VMWare vSphere.
- Create automation, employ open source software, interact with API's, and enable CI/CD to create new cloud features, harvest/visualize metrics, monitor health/performance/capacity, etc.
- Partner with product and development teams to provide education and design consultation.
- Enthusiastic self-starter with proven track record of execution and delivery.
- Experience with Agile methodologies, effective working independently and in a virtual team setting.
- Assist development teams to migrate applications to Docker based PaaS
- Total 8 + years of working experience in Engineering of Infrastructure, cloud and application servers with minimum 2 years’ experience in Container technologies and cloud foundry platform
- Proven expertise in Kubernetes Container Orchestration, Docker Containers, Cloud building blocks - compute, storage, network, tools & automation
- Platform design, implementation and operations in Cloud IaaS and PaaS environments (major in Cloud Foundry, Docker, and Kubernetes minor in VMWare)
- Solid Linux experience, experience with DevOps tooling such as Puppet, BOSH
- Understanding of modern data platforms such as Reddis , RabbitMQ
- Hands-on, in-depth experience with diverse HTTP/JEE/Middleware products and solutions
- Broad knowledge in systems telemetry and monitoring ( Nagios, ELK, newRelic , AppDynamics, Splunk, etc.). Must have experience in ELK setup
- Experience in VMware ESX , storage technologies and network technologies is must
- Solid knowledge of monitoring tools and fine-tuning alerts on Prometheus, Grafana, Elastic search
- Experience with Mesos DC/OS, Rancher and Docker Swarm is an advantage
- PaaS oriented deployment and implementations using Cloud Foundry is a plus
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to develop cutting-edge software for a changing world, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.