Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
We are looking for highly motivated and talented individuals with high proficiency in front-end and back-end languages and frameworks. In this role, you will mainly work with engineers and product owners to provide Digital Self Service features to our customers. As a vital member of the team, you will be working in a fast-paced agile environment and contributing to all software development phases from concept and design to testing. You will be responsible for the overall delivery of the applications including design, development, development, testing, deployment, and support.
The Main Responsibilities
- Develop and support multiple applications to support our digital self-service initiative.
- Work with System Architects, Scrum Masters, QA Analysts, Product Owners, and other cross-functional resources to define and deliver business-impacting projects.
- Capable of working independently, as well as with team members on different teams and in different locations.
- Perform code reviews with other team members in a reviewer capacity.
- Develop and support enhancements and new functionality to automate deployments in a microservices architecture environment.
- Work closely with other engineering team members to ensure code deployments are fully automated and transparent.
- Continually work towards making improvements in the release process and facilitate migration to a Continuous Deployment/Continuous Integration approach.
- Provide technical expertise and troubleshooting as needed to support production issues.
- Assist and in some cases be responsible for the design and architecture of projects and features.
- Be willing to support deployments outside of work hours participate in an on-call rotation.
- Actively participate in all relevant agile ceremonies for each project iteration.
- Continually build the skills of colleagues through peer collaboration, mentoring and training
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Bachelor's Degree in Science/Engineering or equivalent job-related experience
- 3+ years experience in developing highly scalable front-end SPA applications using VueJS, Typescript or other modern front-end frameworks.
- 4+ years of experience in Java frameworks with very high proficiency in Spring framework and associated technologies.
- Strong Experience in Docker, Kubernetes and containerization.
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins with a focus on automation of build processes.
- Experience with development tools like Intellij, Eclipse, Git, Gradle, Sonar, Jira, etc.
- Experience with TDD and other test automation skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Self-starter that works well independently as well as in a team with a drive to learn and adapt to new technologies.
Requisition #: 238778
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.